Chapter 18

Ashayla POV
Jayden comes in today! I'm so excited, dad said that we could all go out for dinner when he gets here. I'm currently running around the hotel room looking for something to wear. Should I do casual or dressy? I'll ask dad what he thinks.

" hey dad!" I yell

"Yeah Ash what's up?" He asks

"What should I wear?" I say confused

"Oh girl I've got it all figured out!" He says in a valley girl accent.

He walks over to my suitcase and pulls out my floral kimono, black crop top, black skinny jeans, and black converse. He throws the clothing items at me and points to the bathroom, telling me to change and he'd do my hair. I do as he says and minutes later I'm walking out. I see dad all ready next to the mirror with my straightener, he nudges me down into the seat and begins straightening my long black hair. I really want to dye it.

"Hey dad?" I ask

"Yes sweetheart ?" He asks while humming

"Can I dye my hair?" I ask him

"Yeah sure why not. When do you want to do it?" He asks while stopping what he's doing.

"Can I do it today?" I say

"Yeah sure. Let's get your hair straightened then do your makeup and we can go." He says excitedly.

I just smile at my overly excited father. As he finishes my hair. I begin applying my makeup. I start to do my foundation, then concealer. By the time I'm done with that dad is finished. I start my eye makeup, golden glitter eyeshadow, with a sharp black wing. Once I finish my makeup, dad gets finished with his hair and we leave. I have to pick out my colors. I'm going to either get pastel blue, purple, or red. I pull up those three colors and show them to dad.

"Which one do you think is best?" I ask.

" I think blue would look cute on you." He says while he looks away from the road. Since we are going to be in New York a while, dad got a rental car.

"Ok thanks dad." I say

We finally get to the hair salon after fifteen minutes. Dad says this is where Josh gets his hair done when he's in New York. I can't wait to do this. We walk in and are immediately taken care of. They seat me in one of the chairs and ask me what I'm getting. I show them the picture of the color I want. They nod and get to work. Dad just sits in the chair beside me singing along to whatever is playing on the radio. He was looking at his phone for a while typing furiously. I wonder who he's texting?

Brendon's pov

I don't like this Jayden kid that Ashayla is dating. There's just something about him that isn't right, so when ash told me about him and his dad coming to New York I had Zack look into him and his father. She asked me if she could dye her hair so here I am sitting in a hair salon while my daughter is getting her hair dyed a random color. I just sit in the chair beside her, admiring her and how she is just so innocent. I don't want that to ever leave her. I hope I can protect her as long as possible. I sit there staring at her I
Until the buzz of my phone stops me.

Zack
Brendon

Bren I found something out that your going to want to hear.

What is it Zack?

Jayden's father. He.. He's the one who killed Ashayla's family.

What!

He is the one that hit her family's car and then tried to kill ash. He's the one trying to kill her.

I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch!