Chapter 31

Ashayla Pov

"Ashayla get up! We have to be at a band meeting in less than and hour!" I hear dad yell from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" I yell back throwing my hair up in a pony tail.

"If you hurry we can get coffee." He says

"Ok! I'm coming." 

Hurriedly I rush downstairs and out to the car passing both Ryan and dad. Not soon after Dad jumps in and pulls away from the house. It's only a matter of minutes until we are in Starbucks drive thru getting our coffees. We make the short drive to the office and head in to the room where we will spend most of our day.

"So now that everyone is here we can get started on the plans for tomorrow as we begin the tour." Dad's tour manager says. "So the tour bus will be parked at Brendon's so everyone needs to be there and on the bus by six am. Does everyone understand me?" 

Everyone gives him a short groan for a response. I just sit on my phone the whole time he's explaining everything since I don't really have to know it. I decide to call Gee to get all of the tour info for them. I write Dad a little note telling him I'm going out to the hall to call them.

I'm going to the hall to call Gerard about their tour.

Ok

 I quietly leave the room and press Gerard's contact. While I wait for him to pick up I scan the walls looking over the awards from various bands. Just as I make my way down to the newer awards he picks up.

Hello?

Hey Gee it's Ash.

Oh hey Ash, What's up?

I was just calling to get all of the tour info from you.

Oh okay. So basically what's going to happen is your going to tour with your Dad for two weeks then we will fly you out to our city. Once you get there you will tour with us for three weeks then you fly back to your dad. After that you finish up touring with them.

Okay. Thanks Gerard, I can't wait to tour with y'all.

We can't wait either. We've been wanting to get you to sing on stage with us. Would you be up for it?

Oh my God! Yes! Yes Gerard! Of course!

Wow okay calm down fangirl.

I can't calm down. One of my favorite bands just asked me to sing with them on tour!

Okay. Well I've got to go Ash. I'll see you soon.

Okay bye Gerard tell everyone I said Hi.

I sure will bye.

I walk slowly back to the conference room so I can miss as much of it as possible. They are one of the most boring things you could sit through. By the time I reach the room everyone is closing up. I stand out in the hall and wait for them to exit the room. Once dad comes out we head to the car. I tell him about what Gerard's plans are for tour and how I'll be traveling.

"So are you excited about going on two different tours this year?" He asks

"Definitely I was excited just to tour with you, but now I'm touring with you and the MCR guys." I say happily

"I'm glad your happy. So how are you and Pete?" 

"We are really good actually. He makes me optimistic for my future. I actually want to see how my life turns out, hopefully we have a future together." I say hopefully.

"I think you will. He really loves you Ash and I can tell you love him. I was wanting to ask you something." He says nervously

"What's up?" I question

"I am wanting to propose to Ryan. I just don't know if he's ready or not." He says

"Dad, trust me he's ready. That's all he talks about when we go anywhere, just how much he loves you and wants a future." I say joyously 

"Really?" He asks 

"Yeah! He really loves you dad."I say

"Then it's final. Do you want to go get the ring with me now?" He asks

"Of course!" I squeal

We take the next exit and head over to the jeweler. It's only ten minutes or so out of the way from our normal route. I can't believe that dad is proposing. Ryan has been doubting their future for a while but this will definitely give him reassurance. Dad pulled into the parking lot of the jewelers and runs in. He really is excited to do this. He stands jumping at the door waiting for me to catch up with him.  Once I catch up he dashes through  the door and to the closest worker. 

"Hello sir how may I help you?" The worker asks

"I'm looking for an engagement ring for my boyfriend." Dad says

"Come right over here I have the perfect thing for you." he says "Is your guy fancy or casual?" 

"Um. He's more casual, I don't want to get a too blinged out one if you know what I mean." Dad explains

"Of course. I think I have the ring just for you." He says pulling out a solid black ring with a solid gold strip going down the middle.

"That's perfect!" Dad exclaims

"Well come right this way and I will get you checked out." The worker states.

We walk over to the register and he puts the ring into a small black box then slides it over to dad. Dad hands the man his card and purchases the ring. Now all we need to do is find the perfect time for him to propose. We head back to the car and start home.

"So when are you going to propose?" I ask him

"I don't know yet. I want it to be perfect." He says

"I understand. Are you excited?" I ask

"Yes! I've been wanting to do this since the day I met him." He says sweetly

"You guys are adorable." I say smiling

The rest of the drive home is silent other than the music playing softly in the background. As we pull into the house we are greeted by an unknown vehicle. Naturally Dad rushes out to the house to make sure Ryan is safe. Once we are through the front door Ryan meets dad and explains the situation.

"Ry, I saw the car and I thought you was hurt." Dad rushes out kissing Ryan.

"I'm fine Bren. We just have a situation. The couple in the living room are saying they are Ashayla's aunt and uncle. They want to take her back." Ryan mutters out.

"Wh-what?" I manage to mutter out.

"They want to fight for custody." Ryan says blankly

My lips try to form sentences but my mind can't find the words to put out. My vision starts to blur from tears, my breathing becoming hitched. I'm having a panic attack. I slide down the wall closest to me and rock back and forth. I can't go with them, my family is all here. Ryan and Dad try to sooth me but nothing is helping. Soon enough my vision blackens and I pass out.

CLIFFHANGER!!! I'm sorry but I needed some drama for the story. I love you guys.

~Victoria