Chapter 10

Ryan's POV
I need to talk to Brendon. I need to settle all of this out. I didn't mean to give him an anxiety attack. I just wanted to meet his daughter. I haven't seen him in 9 years. I mean it was my fault I left, but that doesn't make leaving any easier. I'm going to call him.
Ryan-hey Brenny.
Brendon-who is thi- oh my god it's you. How did you get my number!
Ryan-it hasn't changed since I was in the band.
Brendon-well it's going to change now. Don't ever call me or try to contact me again!
Ryan-ok I understand.

Brendon pov
I can't believe Ryan would call me. He knows what he did to me. God I can't believe him!
"Dad who called you?Ash asks
"Oh it was no one." I say shooting her a fake smile.
"Okay. I'm going to go take a nap I'm kinda tired." She says walking up to her room.
"Brendon who was it?" Pete asks questionably
"Pete I said it was no one." I spite out.
"Obviously it was someone Bren now just tell me." He says calmly.
" Ryan." I mutter
"Ryan? What did he say?" He asks
"Nothing I didn't let him talk. I told him to never try to call me or see me." I say not making eye contact with him.
"Brendon what's going on? You've never been like this." He says worried.
"Honestly Pete I don't know. Everything has went down hill since the party." I say "I just need to go play music."
"Then go out to your studio and play. Ash is asleep she'll be fine and I'll stay here." He says putting a hand on my shoulder for comfort
"Okay. Thank you Pete." I smile. And with that I walk out to my home studio and start to write and play music. Writing new music and playing old music. I start scrolling through my music on my computer and press shuffle. Then it comes on, the song I can't bare to listen to northern downpour. All I can do is think about him. Why does he have to appear so much on pretty odd? I loved that album but now I can't listen to any song on there without dissolving into a pool of tears. I remember back in 2011 when I played northern downpour in London and almost broke down on Ryan's favorite line. Then again when Dallon started to sing the 'hey moons'. God I hate myself for not being able to get over him. Why can't he just get out of my head? I can't take it anymore. I take out one of my joints I have in the studio. I promised myself I wouldn't smoke this after I adopted Ashayla. I guess I'm even going to let myself down aren't I? I light the joint and take a long breath in and a short breath out. God how I've missed this. One joint turns into two, two turns into three, before I know it I'm tripping. I'm sorry Ash I failed you.
"Brendon what are you doing there's smoke coming from the studio!" Pete says running in. I slide down one of the walls a just laugh.
"I failed all of my friends. Pete I said I'd stop smoking when I adopted Ashayla I just smoked 3 joints I said I wouldn't I'm a failure." I cry out.
"Brendon listen to me your not a failure okay. You are a fucking rock star. You just slipped up a little. Your gonna get through this." Pete said hugging me. "C'mon you need to sleep this off." Pete throws me over his shoulder and carry's me upstairs.

Pete's pov
"What the fuck?"I say as I notice smoke coming from Brendon's studio. Don't tell me he's smoking again. He promised he wouldn't. I run outside and find a high brendon on the floor laughing.
"Brendon what are you doing? There's smoke coming from the studio!" I run in.
"I failed all of my friends. Pete I said I'd stop smoking when I adopted Ashayla I just smoked 3 joints I said I wouldn't. Im A failure."he says now crying. I slide down the wall and try to reassure him.
"C'mon you need to sleep this off." I say standing up and throw a laughing and crying Brendon over my shoulder. I can't believe this. What am I going to do about him, he reeks like weed. Ash cannot find out about this. When Brendon wakes up he has to take a shower.
"Hey Pete what's going on?" Ash says as she stumbles out of her room
"Oh nothing just go back to bed." I say trying to stay calm
" where's Brendon?" She asks looking around
"Oh he wasn't feeling too well so he went to bed early." I say trying to make it sound convincing.
"Okay are you staying here tonight?" She asks still groggy.
"Yeah I'm gonna watch after both of y'all." I say. She just nods and walks back upstairs. That was close, this is going to be a long night. I walk over to the couch and pull out my phone.
3 text messages
Who could this be? I open the messages and it's the one and only. Ryan.
Pete I know you know it's me answer me.
It's Ryan text me back.
I'm sorry for all of this.
I decide to text him back.
Ryan I don't want to talk to you. Stop texting us. You've messed with Brendon enough.
Not even 5minutes later he texts back.
Pete I'm sorry I know your with him. Just tell him I'm sorry. I still love him Pete.
If you really loved him you would leave him alone he is happy with this life now.
Ok but please just tell him.
And with that I am left alone to think. I unlock my screen and see it already 8:30 pm. I guess I should go to sleep it's been a long day.

A/n
Sorry for these sucky chapters. Ik this book is going slow. It's going to get better once they go on tour. Enjoy your day love y'all! You keep me going.