Shift From Hell

"hello mercy hospital trauma unit"... I repeat for the millionth time in the last thirteen hours.  Its been one hell of a shift and not over yet.  A typical Saturday night,  the department short staffed,  bursting  at the seams and I somehow get talked into a double shift...... Again!! "okay guys we have a climbing team coming in.... Yes u heard me... A team.  Only one major injury but as we r chocka everywhere tonight we r treating them all.  Aren't we the lucky ones.  Jenny u and dave take the main trauma and me and jade will handle the others." . As lead trauma nurse I'm used to handling the stress and speed of this department and quickly get everyone ready for the incoming patients.  Coming from Scotland it took a lot for me to learn the differences with the rules and laws and drugs etc here in the states but it's been so long now I feel like I've always been here.  I think the Scots accent and temper certainly helps in the hustle and bustle of a busy american trauma unit and I use it to full advantage to keep any rowdy patients in check. 
The first rig pulls up and the major trauma gets wheeled in first.  Dealt with quickly I stand waiting on the next two.  They pull up shortly after in the pouring heavy rain and quickly guide them through to the screened off bays.  Everyone deals with their own patients independently and I go into autopilot pulling back the curtain, head in the chart ready to fill it out. 
"hi I'm jasmine and this is my department so I will do my best to help you.  Can I have your name please.... "
As clear as u like and with a very subtle smirk I hear" leto,  Jared Joseph leto maam"....
I keep my eyes on the chart,  composed as much as I can and ask for his date of birth and other personal information. Again there's that snigger.  Wtf!! "is there something I can help you with Mr leto,  you seem to find something amusing"
"I saw your secret missy,  I know u know who I am...... "...... Ur tattoo..... Your collar fell over and I saw your provehito tat with the triad at the end.
I subconsciously pulled my scrubs around a bit and carried on with his assessment.  He knew he had ruffled me and he knew that I knew too but I am professional if nothing else. I excused myself for a moment to gather myself together as I knew I had to go back in there and get him to change into a gown so I could carry on his checks.  I was damned if I was going to fan girl in front of him and have him use it to his advantage to wind me up. 
After a good five ten minutes I returned with said gown,  ecg machine and some stuff to assess and clean his wounds.  He had his eyes closed and was laying back in the bed clutching his side and seemed to be in some pain.  In that few minutes of uninterrupted quiet I saw him for the normal guy that he was.  In that moment he could have been any climber off the street and not some huge Hollywood actor /rock star who's band I happened to worship.
"sorry for your wait Mr leto,  I know u are uncomfortable but I'm going to need you to change into this gown so I can do some more tests and then I promise I will organise some pain relief for you"
Those sparkling blue eyes snap open as he tries to sit up and yells with the pain. "I'm sorry I'm sorry doctor.  I think I'm gonna need a little help please.  I think I might have busted a rib here."
"first off nurse not doctor and second I'm gonna switch things up and get your pain sorted first.  Give me two minutes and we will have you sorted. 
I grab the first passing doc and have him write up the charts and get to organising it immediately. I return to find  Jared in a bit of a pickle and I can't help but giggle out loud when I see him.  He's tried to change into the gown for me and got stuck half way as he can't lift his arm up high enough. He hears my snigger and huffs down onto the bed wincing in Pain as he does.  "go on have your moment,  I probably deserve it"  he grumbles.  He manages to move his head through the gown now and his cheeks are burning red with embarrassment. Its the cutest thing I've ever seen and it kind of broke the ice a bit and made it a lot easier to get in with my job....... Or so I thought....