Best Birthday Ever

I watch as my beautiful fiance melts in front of me. He hadn't even realised that it was the early hours of his birthday with all the drama that's went on after Xmas dinner. He's holding our daughter lost in absolute and eternal pure love, staring at her until the tears blind him and he can't see any more. "oh my God I hadn't even thought of that baby. She's my first birthday gift and the most amazing one ever. Noone and nothing is gonna top that. Jasmine thank you for giving me this chance. Thank you for all your hard work and pain to bring her here. Your amazing and so is she. Hmmm, wow, you are so beautiful just like your momma".
He comes and sits at the bedside so I can hold her. He cuddles in and has his arm round us both. "you know, we never did settle on baby names. I know we had spoken a bit but given this ones early arrival we hadn't really decided. Should we go with our first choices. You haven't changed your mind hunni" I ask him whilst giving her a bottle the nurses had made up.
He nods and tears up again. My God I think we have broken him, haha "mmhmm sorry I just can't believe how emotional I am. Just going from bump to this gorgeous bundle I can't believe it. And to watch you in that amount of pain was not good shortcake. I didn't like it at all. I felt helpless. Until then I was always able to do something to try and help. I'm sorry shortcake, I really am. "
" Jared Joseph leto. If I didn't have our beautiful daughter in my arms I would bop you right now. I couldn't have done this without you and don't ever forget it. Yes it was mind numbingly agony but that was then. It's gone now. It went the second our beautiful girl popped out and I looked in those eyes. God those eyes, she had to get your bloody eyes didn't she. She's gonna be a heart breaker that's for sure. I'm still tender baby and will be for a week or so but I know I've got you to make me better so chill. "
" so then " he says as he fiddles with the name bands around her ankle and wrist." shall we get them to put new ones on our little angel, hmmm. Give you names as beautiful as you, if that's possible, huh ". I press for the buzzer and sure enough a midwife pops in to make sure everything is okay.
She gets some fresh bands out and waits expectantly for the name. We steal a glance at each other and smile as we say in unison" Gabriella amelia constance leto ". The midwife smiles and cheers as she takes Gabriella by the tiny foot to change the bands over." happy birthday little Gabriella. Welcome to this crazy world little one. " she says quietly."  I nudge Jared and laugh "you will never forget her birthday will ya daddy, seeing as it's yours too". The nurse smiles and congratulates Jay too, telling him he must've done something right this year to get such a precious present. He agrees and thanks her before kissing us both on the head and nipping out. He said goodbye to everyone, given the time now being 02.00 am on boxing day and promised they could all visit later on, but that his girls needed a rest now with all the excitement. He smiled the broadest smile ever as he said "his girls". Proud uncle Shannon sneaked in for a quick kiss of his neice and granny Connie or nana L as she wants to be known waved through the window, promising an early visit for a cuddle. The group dispersed and it was me and jay and gabriella and she was amazing, quiet and settled having finished her bottle and happy to be in her little crib at the side of the bed. Jay and I sat hugging just staring at her, still amazed at the fact she's here. "how does it feel sweetie, now she's not in there any more" he said pointing at my podgy belly. "honestly it's fucking wierd" I laugh. "language jasmine, remember the child" he scolds. "oops, sorry. God see I'm a bad mom already. But it does feel weird. She was in there for nine months and now it's so empty feeling. I mean I know she's here in the flesh, but I miss her wriggles and kicks. Im OK though, just ignore me I'm being silly."
He tips my chin up and kisses me softly before boring those beautiful eyes that mirror our daughters, into me..." there is nothing silly about you baby or how you are feeling. You did an awesome thing today. I remember telling  you when you were pregnant early on, how much I was in awe of you and that doesn't change now she's here. It's amplified further. I may have helped make her but you grew her and nurtured her until she grew to this little fighter that's here today. She was so ready to meet us she came a week early haha". "God moms gonna flip when she hears her name. Thank you for putting that as a middle name. It means so much baby." I try and stifle a yawn but it's no use. I'm caught and before I know it he's tucked me in and lay down on top of the sheet beside me. Both of us laying facing gabi, just staring blissfully until sleep overtook us. All three resting peacefully until it's time for wee bubs to get fed again....