One more

First day of Senior Year, I should be excited, mentally preparing myself, thinking about what outfit I am going to wear and how to style my hair but instead here I am lying wide awake, squished against my cold grey wall while my sister takes up all the room in my bed, star fished and snoring her head off blissfully unaware that she has kept me up most of the night tossing and turning and talking about jelly babies in her sleep. I just want to try and close my eyes and get at least one more hour before my alarm goes off for the first day of my senior year. Summer is over and now I need to try and get through one more year and then I can start thinking about getting myself my own place and space away from the drama that goes on in my house, just one more year.

Summer was amazing, despite having to work at my part time job as a waitress in the local coffee shop "Chipped Cup" I managed to do so many things and create lasting memories from those seven weeks and they all involved my best friends. I would say that my group of friends are not your typical high school girls clique but I don't go by "normal" my best friends are all boys. I have never managed to get along with girls, well except one, it not that I don't want to have girl friends but I always manage to do or say something that pisses them off, so now I just don't bother trying. don't get me wrong I am polite and will make small talk but I don't go out my way to befriend any of them and that suits me fine.

I have been best friends with the boys since we moved here from Scotland in kindergarten and we have all stayed together through school, we made friends through a love of Lego and our competitive streak in trying to outdo the other in making the best models. This then extended to everything that we do wether it's a game of soccer to baking, we always want to out do each other and feel the need to score one another out of ten which can at times lead to disagreements but we never fall out which has been so important to me, they have been my rocks and even at times when they didn't know what was going on in my life they always know what to do or say to cheer me up.

With a smile on my face I turn over and get comfy ready to close my eyes to get some more shut eye before my alarm goes off but with a load buzz my alarm decides to go off and I realise it's time to get up and moving. I hit my phone off quickly so as not to wake Poppy and untangle myself from my silver covers and slide off my bed as quietly as I can and head into my ensuite to take a shower. I turn on the shower and take a look in the mirror to survey the damage from my sleepless night. My dark brown eyes look dull and lifeless and my curly hair looks like a burst couch with bits sticking up all over the place. With a loud sigh I let the steam over take my face in the mirror and strip off my pjs and get in the shower.

Fresh out the shower feeling slightly more awake I set to looking for my outfit for school, after looking through my poor excuse for a wardrobe I settled on my usual comfy style of dark skinny jeans and a long sleeved white top with my silver glitter converse shoes. My hair has a natural wave to it so I leave it to dry naturally while I get my bag organised and wake Poppy up to get ready for school.

"Poppy, Poppy time to get up" I say quietly while gently shaking her shoulders but no response except a louder snore, "Poppy, come on you need to move now or your going to be late for Max meeting you to go to school" still no response, I thought mentioning Max's name would make her move and wake up as she hates being rushed knowing he would see her, right this calls for drastic measures, walking back over to my bed I lean in closed and shout "POPPY" and take a large step back. With a jump she jerks awake and blindly thrashes out looking for me, I cover my mouth trying to silence my laughter but struggle when she spots me and I see the state that she is in, brown curly hair sticks up in all directions, her deep brown eyes can hardly open and drool is on her chin, I burst out into loud laughter, "shit Holly you didn't need to do that! Why didn't you just nudge me or set my alarm and leave it beside me you didn't need to give me heart failure" she barks at me as she stalks out my room slamming the door behind her.