Dinner for one

The first thing I noticed when I walked through my front door was how quiet the house was. I took my shoes off, hung my jacket up and left my bags and stick at the door.

"Hello!" No answer

"Mum? Poppy?" Still no answer.

I searched my bag for my phone and walked through to the kitchen to see what was for eating. On the fridge there was a pink note from Poppy:

H

Gone to Max's with Ruby will be home later, sent you a text but knew you would see this before you checked your phone.

Love you

P xx

PS leave me some of whatever you make :) xx

Sure enough when I checked my phone there was a text with the same message,

Mum ❤️: working late tonight won't be home for T. Make sure you eat your dinner, do your homework and brush your teeth :) love you xx

Oh well looks like dinner for one tonight then.

Looking through the fridge I realised I need to get Mum to go food shopping, there isn't much to choose from. Deciding to make a baked potato and tuna i set about making that, it's quick and simple and doesn't take much energy.

Once I've finished dinner I do the dishes and put them away putting the remaining tuna in the fridge for P if she wants it. I head upstairs and collect the laundry from the rooms and put it and my kit in to wash before heading up for a shower.

Fresh out the shower I put on some shorts and one of my dad's old band tshirts and head down to put the washing in the dryer. It had finished yet so I decided to give my Dad a phone,

"Hi Pet, how's you?

"I'm good, u?"

" yea all's good here, the wee man is getting big you'll need to come round and see him soon he misses you"

" I know it's been a couple of weeks, been pretty hectic with work and getting ready for going back to school, you spoke to Poppy?"

" yea she called the other day, I said about meeting up for breakfast soon or something if you want?"

"Sounds like a good idea, who's all going to be there?" Please don't say Carol, please don't say Carol, please don't say Carol i say to myself with my fingers crossed.

"Probably just me and the wee man, Carol has been pretty busy with work, so you good with that?

"Yea text and let me know when your thinking and will check my shifts"

"Great pet, well I better get going and make the dinner see you soon."

"See you soon Dad"

Well that was relatively painless and the bonus of getting to see my dad and little brother without her is always a winner!

Checking the washing it was finished so I put it in the dryer and went to watch some TV. Settling to watch Masterchef I cuddled up with a pillow on my lap and began to replay today's events. From my point of view it went better than planned and hopefully things will only get better.

The main thing I need to deal with are my thoughts and feelings toward what happened between me and Noah and once I do that we can move forward but right now that drawer is locked tight.