As if

Sitting watching the clock tick I could swear it was starting to go backwards but with one final tick the bell rang for next period. I was up and out my seat as fast as I could and made it out the door before any of the boys could catch me. I could hear Kayd and Finn shouting for me but I just kept going knowing they had music in the opposite building from where I was going and they couldn't follow me.

When I thought I was clear and swallowed up by the crowd in the hallway I started to relax and wander to Biology but that was short lived when my wrist was snatched up by none other than Theo.

"Why did you run out of the classroom so fast? Are you not going to be my tour guide today?" He said with a small smirk on his face that I was beginning to realise was his smile for when he was up to something,

"Sorry didn't realise I left you behind, I'm sure someone else in the class would of been kind enough to walk you to Biology you had a lot of admirers staring at you back in English"

"Oh so you ran off because you were jealous?"

"No!" I said a little too quickly, "no I am definitely not jealous I just wanted to get to Biology so I wasn't late again today, I didn't realise you weren't behind me" I said with a neutral face to try and show him that I wasn't bothered, "now are you just going to stand holding my wrist all day or are we going to get a move on and not be late?"

"Lead the way pretty girl" he said with a smirk,

"What did I say about saying that?" I said while I started walking again,

"You said I wasn't to take the piss and get your hopes up because and I quote you're a 'realist'" he said laughing, this make my face turn red and I decided to walk and ignore him as much as I could hoping to get in to class and a seat away from him.

"So you see I did listen to you, and I don't tell lies, you'll find that out about me Holly" he said in a quiet voice,

Standing outside our Biology door I was trying not to make eye contact with him as I didn't know if I wanted to punch him or run away. What was he talking about not telling lies? He cannot be serious,can he? I'm just gonna forget he ever said that.

With a small smile and bright red cheeks I gave him a nod of my head and entered the class.

Walking in to class everyone was standing in a line in front of the teachers desk looking at the board which to my horror had our names and assigned seats, scanning it quickly I found my seat and released a sign when I realised that Theo's name wasn't beside me.

Pushing my bag up my shoulder I headed to my assigned seat at the back of the classroom and waited for everyone to sit down. Putting my bag down on the ground I looked for my notebook and pen and turned to put them on my table only to realise I was no longer alone. Looking over to see who was sitting next to me I realised that it was Noah.

I had been so relieved to realise that Theo wasn't beside me that I never checked to see who would be sitting there. Noah Jacobson sat staring at me with a sheepish smile on his face and my body ran cold. pull it together Holly! You decided you wouldn't make things awkward, you want things back to normal, you want your best friends back, say something..

I returned his smile with one of my own but when I said his name it came out as nothing more than a breath, he must of heard me because before I knew it I was wrapped in his arms breathing in his sweet fruity sent, my whole body relaxed and I leaned into his embrace as if he had never been away, as if nothing was wrong with us and I had only missed his for a couple of days, not two years!

"Holly you don't know how much I've missed you" he said into my hair,

"You too" I said pulling away from him so I could see his face,

"I'm so glad we're sitting together, at least I know you can't avoid me if you have to sit right next to me"

"I'm not avoiding you!" I said a little too loudly when I noticed a couple of students including Theo turn around to look at us.

"Really? What happened this morning? What happened to my welcome back hug in the hallway?" He said with a straight face.

What did he expect? After two years he thought things would be as if nothing happened? He hadn't tried to get in contact with me why should I break my neck trying to keep a one sided friendship when he didn't make an effort either? Who knows what he has been doing while I have been here missing him everyday! "this morning I was surprised, it's not as if I knew you guys were coming back and expecting to see you, you haven't called or texted in ages I thought you had forgotten about me and you never got your hug as I had to go to the locker room to put my stuff away, maybe if you had bothered I would of been straight over to see you, so if anything you have been avoiding me!"

With that said I turned around and started listening to Mr Higgins explain what this year would be focusing on, affectively cutting off our conversation, I couldn't look at him just now, if I looked at him anymore I would definitely give in and hug him and probably cry with happiness that he was back and talking to me but I'm not letting him off the hook that easy!

"I did try" I heard him say, I think more to himself than to me as it was so quiet. What did he mean by that? Man, guys are so hard to understand!

Trying to focus on Mr Higgins I tried to take notes but I couldn't help looking to the side to see if Noah was still there, he hadn't tried to talk to me again and I was thankful for that, but every time I sneaked a peek he was staring at me, looking round I also noticed Theo staring at me, when I made eye contact with him he sent me a small wink and turned back around.

I need some air, I need to breath and think about what is going on and what I am feeling just now. I have only met Theo this morning and he is getting under my skin. He's so annoying and flirty it's hurting my head. My two best friends have come back with no warning or notice which I am excited about I've missed Libby so much there's only so much you can talk to boys bout but my heart doesn't know how it feels about the raven haired boy sitting next to me.

The bell went and I was up and out the class as quick as possible and on my way to my next class, thankfully no one made to follow me and I don't know whether I am happy or sad about that.