Friends?

I texted Miranda to check she was okay for me to just do the register today because of my ankle and she said it would be fine as she had Matt and Mike working today as well. I haven't worked with them before but they are my age and on the basketball team in school so I've seen them around and only ever heard nice things about them both.

Kayden dropped me off this morning and after a knee weakening kiss promised to drive past mine to see if he could see anything going on.

I'd stayed at Mitch's with all the guys. We managed to squish into his super king bed and I have to say it was one of the most peaceful sleeps I've had in a while.

Hobbling in to the Chipped Cup I go through the back and change into my uniform and head back out to the front counter. My ankle doesn't hurt as much as it did yesterday but there is no way I could stay on it all day. I start to restock the fridges and make the window look exciting with all the new cakes Mandy has been making then pull a stool behind the desk to sit at while I'm not working. The bell goes off over the door and I look up to see Mike and Matt walk in.

I can never tell the difference between the twins they are both identical with their dirty blonde hair shaved nearly balled at the side and swiped over at the front. They have large brown eyes and are around six feet tall if not taller, with very broad shoulders. They are both very good looking in a boy next door sort of way.

"Hey!" I say waving to them as they walk towards me. "I'm Holly" I say with a large smile.

"Hey!" They say together waving back.

"So...not to be rude but how do I tell the two of you apart? I don't want to call you by the wrong names all day" I say blushing.

Laughing they both look at each other then me as if communicating without talking . Weird! "I'm Mike" he says holding out his hand and I shake it "you can tell me apart because I always wear something red and if you can't see that then you can tell because I have a mole on my neck right here" he says leaning into my space to show me the small mole on the left side of his neck. I feel myself heat up with the close proximity and let out a nervous giggle. He pulls back smiling walking into the back room.

"I'm Matt" he says holding his hand out. "I always wear something yellow" he says pointing to a yellow sweatband "if you can't see that then I have scar just above my right eyebrow and if that fails you know I'm Matt because I'm the better looking twin" he laughs walking towards the back.

"I heard that" Mike shouts from the back room causing us both to laugh.

"It's nice to meet you both" I shout back.

"You too" they say together.

Maybe my double shift will go by fast with these two. They seem like good company.

I was right the day has been going really fast. Mike and Matt are really good workers and are great with the customers. Complete flirts with the girls and women who come in but it seems to be part of their charm. Ive managed to stay at the register making up the orders and doing the cash and my ankle is feeling okay still.

"Why don't you two go for your lunch before the teatime rush comes in? That way when I go for mine the two of you will be here to do the till and tables?" I suggest.

"Sure. We'll just go down to Patty's Diner so we won't be too far if it gets busy and you need us back" Matt says and I only know this because I can see the yellow sweatband.

"Here's our numbers incase you need us back or you know want to call us another day. You know to talk or anything" Mike says blushing.

"Eh...thanks" I say smiling. I take a pen and paper and write mine down for them. "Here's mine incase you guys are running late or that" I say handing it to Matt as he was still standing in front of me. "Mike," I shout as he's leaving for the door turning round to look at me. "How come I can't see any red on you?" I ask genuinely interested.