Cake and eat it too

Finlay

"Shit" I shout hitting my steering wheel.

I start my car and drive away from Holly's house. Grabbing my phone I call Noah.

"Hey!" Noah answers

"I think I fucked up man!" I shout running my hands through my hair and gripping it.

"Woah what do you mean, what happened on your date? Your out later than usual." He asks

"No not her. I was with Holly." I say

"What do you mean I thought you had a date tonight?"

"I did!" I huff "but it wasn't going anywhere so I dropped her off and went to see Holly at work. She was saying that I wasn't romantic or some crap so I decided I would show her I could be by taking her out on a date but then-"

"What?" He interrupts "what do you mean you went out on a date? Wait a minute the guys are here I'm gonna put you on loud speaker" I hear some shuffling and a muffled conversation.

"What the fuck did you do?" Kayden's robotic voice comes through the phone

"I"

"You better not have upset her" Mitch says

"I didn't mean to Mitch" I sigh " everything was going great then she made a comment about hating to be my girlfriend and I just couldn't handle it anymore. I needed her to know how I felt and that I wasn't the player she obviously thinks of me. I needed her to know that no other girl compares to her and that just like you guys I wanted her to think about a relationship with me"

"That doesn't sound so bad" Mitch says "why do you think you've messed up so bad?"

"She asked why I decided to tell her about my feelings now, in fact she wanted to know why we all had and I told her that it was due to seeing the way Theo was flirting with her and the thought of her being his girlfriend and
loosing her. Then she went mental talking about us peeing on her and marking territory or something like that. She said something about having crushes on us and burying those feelings to keep us and now we decide to tell her because we don't want anyone else to have her even though we've been with other girls and she's felt crushed but did nothing." I stop and let out a breath shaking my head trying to remember everything she said.

"She was crying and everything by the end of it and asked me to take her home. She didn't even look at me the whole drive and when we got back to hers she just packed up, slammed the door and went inside. No wave, no hug nothing. She didn't even turn around to see if I was still there she just closed the door. She wouldn't let me comfort her or explain anything she just shut me out" I whisper the last part remembering how broken her face looked when she asked to go home, tears falling down her beautiful face and a look of betrayal in her eyes.

"You idiot!" Kayden shouts breaking the silence. "She thinks we only want to be with her because we don't want anyone else to. She think we are staking a claim on her so that she can't go out with anyone else. Basically she thinks we want to have the cake and eat it too"

"She didn't give me a chance to explain anything to her she just shouted at me and stalked off, I swear I thought she was going to get lost in the woods, I had to run and get in front of her to follow me"

"I'm not even going to ask why you were in the woods with her" Noah says seriously. "Why did you even mention Theo, Finn? He asks frustrated

"She asked why I felt the need to tell her now and he was the reason. My feelings have been getting stronger and stronger for her for so long that when I seen his hands on her and him flirting with her and Holly laughing and smiling with him it pushed me over the edge and my feelings overtook me. I told her that seeing her with Theo made us all realise that we didn't want to not have the chance to be the person to make her smile" I say honestly

"You're a dick Finn" Kayden says "when I see you next you better run!"

"Stop it Kayden. Finn didn't do anything wrong, he was honest wth her when she asked him to be, granted he could of thought before he told her why, he still tried to explain to her how everything got too much for him" Mitch explains "instead of arguing amungst ourselves we need to figure out how to fix things with her and explain everything  so she realises how special she is to each of us."

"She's turned her phone off" Kayden says "I've been trying to call her since you came on the phone but I don't think this can be done on the phone" he mutters

"we need to see her face to face and let her know how we feel and then we need to give her time" Mitch voices.

"I don't want to give her time. I want her to want to try now. I've been away from her for two years and I can't bare to be away from her again. Not having her with me made a tear in my heart that I need to heal and only she can do that for me. We need to make this right and soon" Noah says exasperated

"I understand that Noah but her best friends have just told her that they all want to have something more with her than just a friendship and now she also thinks that we are doing it for other reasons than the ones we feel. We need to let her get her head together and wait for her to come to us and you know she will she can't hold her feelings inside for long before she lets you know what she's thinking" Mitch says and we all start to laugh at this as its true. Holly can only hold her feelings inside for so long before she explodes.

"Right, we wait for her to come to us. We don't pressure her or bombard her and take her lead" I say

"Right" Noah says which I'm sure is through clenched teeth.

"Okay" Mitch says distractedly

"Fine, but if she hasn't spoken to us or done anything by this time next week we are going to speak to her!" Kayden demands

"Okay" we all say together.

"Come over to mine just now. I think we need to discuss what's happening for us. We all want Holly to want us back but that means that if she chooses one of us the others will have to deal with that and I think we need to discuss if we think our friendship can handle that" Noah says

"I'm ten minutes away" with that I hang up.

I didn't even think about her not wanting me that I didn't stop to think what would happen if she chose one of the other guys. Truthfully I don't think any of us have thought about this happening considering how quiet the phone was when Noah was talking.

What if she doesn't want me? What if she doesn't want any of us? I think we have a strong friendship that has and can withstand anything, but can is stick together through this? Could I stay friends with them if I was to loose Holly? Could our friendship hold on with all these confessions?

One thing I do know is that I don't want to loose Holly but I also don't want to loose my best friends.

I will do anything to make this work.

-------------------------------------------------------

Big thanks to katristhefanvergent and psychotic_ava for reading and voting. Hope you are still enjoying it.

Read, vote and let me know what you think everyone.

Thanks for reading
xx