Mum

The next two days went by fast. Poppy and Libby spent Thursday night with me at work while all the guys had soccer practice. They have their first game tomorrow away to Meadow Park an hours drive from here but we have our first game at home against Sky Academy so we made plans through text to all go over to Mitch's tomorrow night to have take out. Poppy and Max have a date so she won't be there or might come over later on.

I pick up my stick and close my locked but I'm pushed from behind into it. Turning around I come face to face with Lydia and Zoe.

"Oops don't know how that happened it's not like I could miss an elephant standing in front of me" Lydia laughs and Zoe joins in.

"Seriously Lydia? What age are you eight?" I say brushing past her but she grabs my shoulder spinning me around.

"I wasn't finished!" She shouts "you better leave Noah alone! He might be your friend but he is going to be my boyfriend sooner or later. We're texting all the time and I know he wants me so you better back off!" She says pushing a finger into my chest.

Little does she know! I laugh out loud and stare at her.

"Go ahead Lydia!" I brush past her.

"I don't know what your offering the guys in the school to talk to you or even look at you but it won't last Holly! Who would want a freak like you." She sneers " your just a charity case!" She shoulder bumps past me speed walking away.

"Don't think I haven't notice the looks you and Finn have been giving each other." Zoe stops to whisper into my ear. "Did you know we kissed last weekend?" What? My body runs cold at the thought of him being anywhere near her. He wouldn't. Would he? I look at her and she smiles. "I didn't think so" she says chuckling walking off to catch up with Lydia while I stay rooted to the spot.

He wouldn't do that to me. He knows how much I hate her. But we weren't going out then so he could do whatever he liked, right? I don't want to believe what she says but what reason does she have to lie?

I feel myself all tense and tears burning behind my eyes at the thought of them together so recently but I pick my head up and walk towards the field acting like nothing was said, I don't want her to know she has gotten to me.

Practice went well and although I was distracted at times we seem to be getting tighter in defence and are beginning to understand how each other plays. Lydia and Zoe are still being selfish with the ball but I managed to swipe Zoe's feet from her during our practice game which brought a smile to my face. We should be ready on Saturday.

Poppy had went home with Max and Kayden after school so I decided to get Chinese for dinner and head home.

Bing
Sam: hey that's me back! Tried to get your mom but no answer.

Back? Back from where? I didn't know he was away anywhere, Mum has said she has been over at his during the week I'm sure? Or was that last week? Maybe she's right and we haven't seen each other that much lately, at least we can get a catch up tonight.

"That's me home!" I shout letting my mum and Poppy know I'm back but I can't hear anyone moving around.

Going into the kitchen I put the food on the counter and head up to my room to shower and change.

I pack my bag for the game tomorrow so I'm not rushing around and head down stairs to put a wash on. There was still no sign of anyone so I decide to go and search for Poppy.

Knocking on her door I can hear her walking around but no answer so I open the door and go in. She's dancing around her room with her headphones on tidying up. I lean against the open door and laugh. She turns around in one of her twists and spots me letting out a shriek!