Muffins

Work has been so busy tonight for some reason. I'm use to it being dead on a Wednesday spending my time tidying and cleaning but there has been a constant trickle of people coming and going since I started at five.

It's now eight and Miranda is already here cashing up while I finish off cleaning out the coffee machine.

"Are you okay to do a double shift on Sunday?" Miranda asks while counting the money.

"Sure!" I say thinking of the good tips you can get on the weekend.

"Great! Miles needs it off to do something with his family"

"Not a problem I would usually just laze about until my shift anyway on a Sunday" I laugh washing out my cloth in the sink and hanging it over the tap. "I'm just going to get my things" I say walking to the back room.

Grabbing my jacket and bag I head back into the main shop. "Do you need me to do anything else before I leave?" I ask untying my apron putting it in my bag.

"Nope, I'm nearly done here but take some of the blueberry and apple muffins. They haven't been popular and will need to be binned tomorrow" she says placing some into a brown paper bag.

"Thanks. I thought they were delicious. I'm sure my family will love them or Finn will scoff the lot" I laugh thinking about Finn and his love of food.

"Ooooo Finn? You guys spending more time together" she taunts stopping counting the money to look at me giving me that look adults do when they think the know something. Blushing I nod. "Good. I like him, in fact I like all of the boys you hang about with." She says smiling.

"Me too" I say heading towards the door. "Bye Miranda. See you tomorrow"

"Walking away doesn't change the fact that I want details" she shouts and I can hear her laughing as I close the door.

Walking over to my car I'm blinded from a set of headlights flashing beside my car. Blinking to clear the little stars floating in my vision I try to figure out who it is. Noticing the blue paint and the size of the car I think it's Finn.

Walking over to my door he rolls down the window. "Hey! Wanna go for a drive?" He says winking at me.

"Is that your best pick up line?" I laugh out but head round to the passenger door and climb in.

He starts the car and heads off. "How was work?" He asks bringing my attention to him. He looks like he has got even broader in the last week. His jaw is more defined and his biceps seem big in his white tshirt he's wearing. His hair has been styled and he has slight stubble on his chin which I have to admit I like the look on him. "Earth to Holly!" He laughs bringing me out of my thoughts causing me to smile.

"Oh sorry, it was really busy my feet and back are killing me. A Wednesday is never that busy!" I moan.

"There was a conference on in the museum around the corner tonight they might have been stocking up for going into that" Finn muses.

"Oh you might be right." I say thinking about it.

We pull to a stop in a picnic area near the forest that has a lovely view of the town. The lights look like they are twinkling from up here.

Opening the bag of muffins I hand one to Finn and take one for me. "I knew there was a reason you were my girlfriend" he laughs snatching the muffin from my hand kissing my cheek.

He just called me his girlfriend! I like the way it sounds on his lips. Oh my god I have a boyfriend and he is hot! Laughing to myself I start to open my muffin looking out at the view of the town.