Kisses make it better

My ankle finally feels relatively normal and I want to play in the game on Saturday so coach says if I wear a support strap I can start but may pull me if she thinks I'm not fully ready so that I don't risk my chances at the championship.

The past two days have gone fast. Poppy has had Max over but I asked the guys to be alone to try and gather myself with everything going on with Mom and Dad. I haven't heard from either of them and to be honest things have been fine. I mean I miss my mom but I've done a lot for myself since my Dad left anyway and have always watched out for Poppy so nothing has really changed.

I finish up steaming the cutlery and cleaning the counter so that we can leave while Mike and Matt are restocking the fridge. Work has been fun tonight and I've laughed a lot at their antics. Miranda said that due to things being busier she will be putting us as a team as we work well together and is going to give me key holder training so I can open up and close because she is going to be opening another cafe across town which will take a lot of her time. It's quite exciting and I'm glad she thought to ask me to help her out and it means extra cash for me before leaving for college.

I grab my things from the back room and wave bye to Miranda heading out the door with the twins. "See you guys Monday" I call to them as I walk to my car. My usual shift on Sunday has been swapped because of the game on Saturday and I'm glad as it also means I don't need to leave early after our sleepover. I call Libby and we plan a night in mine tomorrow so we can head to the game together and have some girl time since it's feels ages since we have. I'll ask Poppy when I get home if she wants to join us or if she has plans.

I pull up at my house and smile as I see Finn leaning against the side of his truck tapping his watch with a grin. I pull into the drive passing him blowing a kiss and get out my car when I stop. "What you doing here" I ask happily walking over to him.

"I told you I get you after work on Thursday" he says with a chuckle. "I even brought my own muffins and snacks" he says opening his door pulling out a sport bag slinging it over his body and grabs a grocery bag full of God nod what.

"So you staying over" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Is that okay?" He asks hesitantly pausing his hand mid air to lock his door.

"Of course it is!" I say hugging him. "Only if you promise you have some good snacks."

"Obviously" he tells me pulling me into his side walking us to the front door. We head in and the place is quiet.

"Poppy!" I shout and hear movement overhead. We head further into the house and meet Poppy as she comes down the stairs. "Max here?" I ask smirking.

"No. He's at home. We have separate projects to hand in tomorrow and if he stayed here we would be distracted" she says then blushes.

"Oh is that how it is" Finn say grabbing her messing her hair. "Do I need to have a word with young max" he laughs as she struggles to get away from him.

"I don't think either of you are in a position to lecture anyone" she says with a smirk.

"What?" Finn asks looking between Poppy and I and I shrug walking to the fridge to hide my red face. I don't know fully what she's talking about but I think I could hazard a guess.

"I'm just going to grab some chips then will leave you guys to have fun but not too much fun" she says laughing as she heads up the stairs.

"Care to tell me why your sister has you turning as red as a tomato" Finn asks whispering in my ear as his strong arms wrap around my waist pulling me back to him kissing my cheek and I swear I nearly wilt in his arms.