You are my hero

After my lunch with Milo I felt in a good mood. We had been texting back and forth between classes about random stuff and I found that he was really funny and made me laugh out loud which wasn't so good in class and caused me to get a few strange looks.

Closing my locker I head towards the girls changing rooms to get ready for hockey practice.

Heading out of the cubicle I bump into someone. "Argh! I hope you can still fit into your uniform Mackay! You nearly knocked me off my feet there" Lydia says in disgust. I just continue to walk past her. "What's wrong with you" she says following me "can't look me in the eye because you know that Noah wants me and not you" she says with a smirk "we were talking last night and I'm sure it won't be long before I make him mine" she says stalking toward me Noah was talking to her? He hates her? "soon a'll have the two things you want most. To be the captain of this hockey team and to be Noah's girlfriend. It must suck knowing no one wants you" she laughs and Zoe joins in walking up beside her.

"Your welcome to Noah but there is now way he will go for a skank like you, as for the being captain, well we'll see how that works out for you, this team isn't full of your little minions this year Lydia and you aren't as well liked as you want to think you are. Your mask is slipping and people are starting to see the ugly underneath" with that I walk on leaving her shocked, feeling proud of myself for finally saying something back to her after all the shit I have put up with over the years.

"Whatever fatty!" She shouts but I let it just wash over me and continue to my locker where Libby is standing.

"That. Was. Amazing!" She screeches "you are my hero Holly Mackay" she says pretending to bow to me and I swat her away.

"I am sick of her thinking she can have everything she wants, even though she probably can I wasn't taking it this time" I say stuffing my things in my locker and picking up my stick heading toward the field.

"How are you?" Libby asks concerned.

"I'm fine why?"

"Well you still haven't spoken to any of the guys"

"I know but I will, I just need time. I'm not ready to talk to them and for me to forgive them I need to talk to them and I don't think I can yet" I say pleading silently that she'll drop the subject.

"Okay, but can you do it soon? Living with Noah in this mood is giving me a headache and having to sit with all of them at lunch while they just stare into space is freaky. Theo and I left them today and I don't even think they noticed" she says "talking about lunch where did you go?" She asks cocking an eyebrow at me

"I went to my spot and had lunch with Milo" I say with a sly smile knowing she is about to freak.

"You what?? Why am I just hearing about this now?" She says grabbing my arm to make me stop.

"I took your advice and came out of my comfort zone" I say patting her on the back. taking her hand we continue walking while I told her everything that happened, leaving out seeing the guys.

"That's brilliant Holly! Do you like him?"

"He's hot! And it was nice to have nice attention from a guy that wasn't one of the guys but I don't know if there is anything there but I'm enjoying chatting to him if that means anything" I say blushing

"That means loads coming from you Holly, you don't usually do that kind of stuff so it's brilliant! I want to be kept up to date with everything that happens from now on as soon as it happens" she laughs

"Okay but I doubt anything will happen he was just being nice because I was there"

"Mhmm"

"Right Ladies!" Coach shout "everyone over here!" We walk over and stand in front of her. Once everyone has arrived she starts. "As you all know we have a friendly home game against Springvale on Saturday. They are one of the strongest teams in the league this year and will allow us to see how we fair against them. We have a really strong team this year and you need to choose a Captain you feel will lead us to victory. Someone who will motivate and inspire the team and nurture you to the best of your abilities. Before we start today I want everyone to take a piece of paper and write down the name of the player you feel will be that Captain the runner up with be your Vice Captain. I will announce who it is after practice" with that she started to hand out the pieces of paper. "And no you cannot put your own name down. I will know if you do" she says handing paper to Lydia and Zoe which makes me giggle.