Chapter 2 ; Newbie

Chapter 2

                                                                                            Anastasia

I rolled off from my sleep, and looked at the clock. ‘11:35’. I groaned as I got up, I was in some serious trouble for being late and thankfully I took  shower last night so I hop up and put on my dressy clothes and get out the door.

I just hopped I made it on time. After getting dressed in something okay, I got my purse and ran to the bus, which I was fortunate to catch.

I paid my fee and quickly sat down as the time was, ‘11:50’. I sighed in relief and laid my head back. I was still tired and my bed was heaven from the one I used to sleep in.

                           ~~~
I walked into the office of Ms. Brown. She was talking to Ms. Charlotte and I quickly made my way to shake her hand and sit down. I was embaressed. Being late for something important is a bit suspicious especially the first day of this trial.

"Hi I am Anastasia , its my apologies to being late today. You see I dont have a car so I-" i was cut off  by Ms Charlotte.

"we should begin now. we have a very long day ahead of us aint that right Ms. Brown." she nodded with a plesent smile across her face. "Yes, Yes, we should.  Instead of calling me Ms. Brown, just call me Ciara." i nodded.

"Okay well Ciara… lets begin" I chuckled softly.

"Lets start with a background check. Anything that could harm your sister  financially,  physically, or mentally?" she asked. I shook my head slightly, getting serious.

"No not at all, I mean being in a grouo home could obviously mess with her mind. She needs the support of her sister and emotionally she needs that love and care." i stated.

"True.. But dont you think with you starting college and just now settling in your apartment with rarely nothing do you possibly think its time for a child, your sister obviously, to be living with you?" I sighed, looking down fiddling with my fingers in my lap.

Was she was saying was true, but I cant give up. my breathing was getting harder as I was on the brink of tears.

"I really dont know." i sniffled.

"im not trying to upset you"

"i know, its just being 19 in college, and doing this alone is hard." I said getting a kleenex and wiping my eyes a bit. i had no makeup on.

"But I am taking online classes!" my voice getting high pitched. she nodded, suprisingly.

"well I dont see a problem with that, but she would need somebody to watch her. Shes only 5," she explained.

"I know. But as a five year old, starting finishing pre-k, shes on a 3rd grade reading level and shes not even in school yet."

"I understand that, but its a lot of responsibility with taking care of a child and your not ready yet. Case closed. I am not trying to make you feel bad, I am just trying to lighten up on your desicions about this. Until you get a car and is at least 2 months into school, we can try to get her with you." I immediately started to cry again, even harder. Only my soft sobs could be heard in the room. Ms. Charlotte shedding a few FAKE tears, and Ciara rubbing my arms consoling me.

"I dont like to see my patients cry. But the sooner, you get settled with a job, the sooner you will have your sister in your home. Now, next." she paused and opened up a folder.

"have a job yet?" she raised an eyebrow.

"No, but I’ve seen options."  I mumbled. She just stayed quiet, I guess a cue for me to go on.