Chapter 22 ; Can't Be Friends

Chapter 22

                                                              Anastasia 

Adrian & I walked with our hands linked as we went through the gate to my moms backyard. It was held at her place instead of my aunt’s. It was going to the be the usual people and a couple more family friends were going to be there. I wasn’t happy me and Adrian had to be a couple still. It was only because I was still doing the deal, because I promised and I told my mom me and him were together. Now, I like to give a good impression and I can’t if I come in here a week later like, ‘oh ma, we broke up but hes my baby father and we probably gone get back together because im doing a deal where I have to be his wife in 2 more months.

Just know, I probably wouldn’t wanna live to hear what she had to say. But let me get out of my thoughts because I’m here, in front of my family and I’m supposed to be happy. I went to my therapist a couple of days ago and we talked. Not much happened but I do feel a bit better about myself.

"Hi guys!" I said as I made my way over to them and received hugs and kisses from everybody. My hand was still linked with Adrian’s, just because me and him were over in my mind didn’t mean I didn’t still love him.

"How are you, love?" I’m guessing my grandmother asked.

"I’m doing good, mama!" she smiled and wrapped her arms around me again. She let go and sniffled as she wiped some falling tears making everybody around yell at her. This was love and this was my family.

I looked over at Adrian who was smiling softly. I smiled back and he reached down to peck my lips. I blocked him and turned back to my mom just shook her head at me. I laughed softly.

"So, guys, this is my boyfriend Adrian." I mumbled and looked over at him. He held a forced smile, his jaw trying not to clench. It was a habit I guess.

"Give that man a kiss!" my mom shouted making everybody looked over at us. I blushed and put my head down. I turned my body towards him, and he lifted my head up with his hand and gently placed his lips against mine.

"Oh this is such a Kodak moment!" my grandmother cooed.

His tongue parted my lips, and invaded my mouth. Before I could possibly get into this kiss I pulled away and glared at him. My back was facing everybody so of course they couldn’t see a glare. He winked at me.

"Nothing is cute about this!" I quietly yelled. He pecked my lips and walked away towards everybody and introduced his self.

This was too much for me.

I settled down next to my mom on a chair by the pool.

"You getting in, Ana?" she asked and I shrugged.

"I don’t know if I should. I never asked the doctor about pools. I don’t know if it has to be a certain temperature or anything, so I’ll just chill and get a tan.." I said and she nodded before taking off her lace robe and slowly getting into the pool.

"The water is warm, love." 

"I guess thats fine." I mumbled and stripped out of my shorts and tank. I had a two piece because I was really big. Yea I had a small bump, so even a blind eye could see that I was pregnant. 

I slowly got in and it was warm, very warm. It must be the Cali weather, because still water always gets cold. I walked through the small feet towards the 5 feet. I was around 5’6 so I was good over here. I usually get foot cramps from being in pools, so Im careful.