Chapter 34 ; Family Reunion (Part 3)

Anastasia

The bus stopped at our destination and I couldn’t be happier to see a house and a place we’d be staying rather than this tour bus. It may be smooth riding but I was bored, and I needed something to do rather than nagging Chris and changing diapers, while breastfeeding all day. Aiden wasn’t trying to be bothered today, so he basically slept and spent time with Chris all day while I was on the side watching, being bored.

"Finally…" I let out a sharp breath as we stepped off the bus. It was kind of chilly outside. Being that Spring came late, it was staring to heat up some. Not really because it was going on April. It was April 5th. I didn’t even notice it.

"This is the house?” I asked pointing to it. I turned to see Adrian nodding his head. “Don’t worry, there is a lot more to it. We’ll be staying in the basement where I spent most of my time..” I really didn’t care about the size. It’s just… Everything here was so beautiful and especially the lake that sat in the back.

I looked over at Adrian and he looked relieved. Like, he needed this visit more than I needed it. I just needed a lot of people around me that I could also call family. It was quiet so I’m guessing the reunion hadn’t started yet. I latched onto Adrian’s hand as he carried Aiden’s car seat and we made our way inside the house.

"Surprise!" I jumped as we made it into the kitchen. How many more surprises will they give me? It hasn’t even been 3 weeks since my last surprise. I placed my hand over my chest as I smiled.

"Welcome home, Adrian!" Everybody else beamed running towards him. He handed me the car seat as I walked over to Aunt Christine. 

"Hey mama…" I smiled and set down the car seat, giving her a hug. "Hey baby, where’s y’all’s bags?" I pointed outside and pulled away from our shared, mutual hug.

"Austin! Keeis! Go get their bags!" I chuckled checking on Aiden who seemed as if he was about to cry. Oh no. I picked up the car seat and disappeared to a family room. It had plastic on the couch so I know this is somewhere, where you couldn’t eat, but you could sit and have a civil conversation with somebody. I settled on the couch feeling my butt sink into the couch. Hmm, comfy. I took out Aiden and placed his hand on my shoulder as I rubbed his back in small circles. He was sucking his pacifier loudly. I saw Adrian come in the living room with a smile etched on his face and I knew it wasn’t going anywhere no time soon.

"I already don’t want to leave…" I heard him say with a chuckle.

"That’s good…" I said proud of him. His dad side of the family is in California so I know he loves it in Virginia. I feel bad that his mother is not here but it doesn’t bother him much because he had Mama Christine, and I know she’s just as much as a mother as his mom was to him.

"Keeis and Austin are getting our bags, so can you show me to the room so I can wash up Aiden and myself.." He nodded slowly standing up and coming over to me. He helped me stand up and placed a kiss on my lips. "What was that for?" I asked and he shook his head with a smile.

"Audrey up in this bitch!" The door closed and I already fell out laughing. "Audrey if you don’t close your big mouth!" Mama Christine was the first to speak up and I couldn’t help but to double over making sure to be careful with Aiden. He came to us, "Y’all about to go to the basement?" I nodded.

"Don’t be getting freaky…" He mumbled with a sinister smirk etched on his face. I rolled my eyes playfully, "Mind your own." I followed behind Adrian as I stuck my tongue out at Audrey, who flipped the bird and walked up the stairs with Tiffany hot on his trail.

Adrian opened the door to the basement and turned on the lights making me gasp from everything. It was like a railing and you could see the basement when you walked down the stairs. If you turned to the left, it was a hall that had a door at the end. It was like a house in a house, if that makes sense.