Chapter 20 ; Lies

Chapter 20

                                                        Sierra

Nobody knows what I’ve been through. I do what I have to do to make it by. I have 3 jobs and a daughter who I barely have with me. Lily is my queen and everything I stand for. Shes my life and nobody knows it.

I just wanna be happy with my life but I cant because im in a lie.

A very big lie.

I live a double life you could say. But then again i dont. I know who our mother and father are but i was in a group home, myself.

All the way in Pennsylvania, I was born from a sperm donor. My mother was torn from me, just like all the others. Then I was dumped with a newborn and had to take care of him.

His name was Josiah Reid. I loved that little boy like no other. From that moment on, we were in one predicament that I could never get us out of.

"Dad… I just I can’t tell her." I mumbled.

"No, you must go to your mothers house and you tell her. Your both of the same. Your’re the same!" He yelled from his hospital bed. I sighed and looked at him.

"Thats not mothers. Its Aunts.." this Alzheimer’s was really killing him. He was in stage one right now. It was getting harder and harder everytime to watch.

"Dont pity me, Sierra. It will get better.." he assures me.

"But dad, you have no cure! You are dying and there is nothing you can do but watch!" I cried softly. "God…"

"I can’t watch you die…"

"I can’t let you go without a proper goodbye…." he said softly. "Your my first daughterthat I had let go."

"Daddy, you forced mother away from us! I can still hear her screams and begging! You sick bastard," i argued. He just sighed. 

"I have to go." I mumbled getting up to leave. I could see him looking away his fragilejaw clenching. I swept my head down, and walked tot he door but stopped as my head settled on the nob. Tear rolling down, I began to speak.

"Dad I love you, and I just want you to know that. They say you have about 3 years left in life, which is hard to believe but we’ll take the chance. Lily loves you also. I’m pretty sure Anastasia will to. But you are WRONG! So wrong… You wanted our mother to yourself, and you took her from us and laughed. You truly are a sick person besides of you dying right now. You truly are.” I spoke with venom laced in my voice, as it cracked. I opened the door, and walked out closing it back. 

I made a mistake coming here. I made a mistake messing with Anastasia’s life but best believe tonight I will fix it. 

                                           Anastasia 

I had just met all of my siblings, and mom said one was missing and would be here with her daughter soon. I was waiting around with Serenity on my lap. I was anxious about telling them about my little secret, but I just couldn’t wait.

So I have about 7 siblings, too many right.

Joshua, Jace, Anaysia, Charlie, Brenda, & Jonni 

Of course one was missing. They would’nt tell me which until dinner.

It weird because none of them gave me there names they just gave me hugs. We all basically looked the same, but some were more Hispanic than Irish. It was like half in half. 4 got mothers last and they were more hispanic, and the other 4 got fathers and we were more Irish.

"You go to college?" one of my brothers asked. I nodded and rocked Charlie as she slept. She had been swimming all day.

"Yea, actually its UCLA. What about you?"

"Nope, I actually graduated with my masters 2 years ago. Im a psychiatrist. I decided to go further with my PhD." I nodded with an impressed look plastered on my face. My family truly was smart.

"Thats nice.." I trailed off. "I should take Charlie upstairs. I’ll be back." I mumbled and stood up to carry her up the stairs. I set her in her bedroom and walked back down to see the front door opening.

Its was her. 

I just chuckled as I made it to the last step. She looked over, and you could see her face drain. I wanted so badly to cry, or just… fight her. I clenched my fist, as my body started to be filled with rage.

Last thing I could remember was me running to her, and screams fill the air. This is not how I wanted to meet my family.