Chapter #2

"Is that it?" Sin got off the step in the middle of the clothing room, grabbing her jacket from Lenalee and placing it back on.

"Yup, we've taken your measurements so we can make a uniform that suits your fighting style." Johnny wrote down the numbers on a sheet clipped on the clipboard, making some additional notes just in case he forgot.

Sin had been wearing what she was wearing from before she joined the Order; a medium thickness long coat, a long sleeved shirt and pants, along with worn out shoes. They were a little big on her, but it was fine for now until she got her uniform.

"Sin, do you want shorts, a skirt, dress or pants for the uniform?" Johnny questioned.

The Asian female glanced at Lenalee's skirt, and remembered Kanda's long pants under the long coat. She didn't exactly want either of them. She didn't think a skirt would be suitable for sword fighting, and long pants would be hard to manoeuvre in. A dress would be distracting and the possibility of tripping would become higher. Shorts sounded good.

"Shorts." She smiled. "Would it be possible to get short boots with them? And a medium length coat?"

"Yup." Johnny scribbled down some words.

"I hope this isn't too much to ask, but can you make the coat a little like a dress?" Sin asked uncertainly.

"Hm? Sure, okay. If you have an idea of what it should look like, can you draw it here?" Johnny handed her the clipboard.

"I do. Thanks, Johnny." Sin drew the top of the uniform like Lenalee's, but from the waist down, it became like a one layer dress, being longer at the back than the front. Once she was finished, she handed it back to Johnny.

The scientist looked at the design and nodded his head. "Yup. We can make this."

Sin sighed in relief and smiled, "Thank you so much!"

-

"I've been meaning to ask, what are your earrings?" Lavi poked Sin's cheek. He had come up from behind the female exorcist duo, with Bookman not too far behind him.

They stopped and turned to face the pair, seeing that Lavi was just smiling at them.

Lenalee chimed in, "Me too. They're very pretty."

"Ah..." Sin covered both her lobes, feeling a bit hesitant to tell them. She wanted to omit as much information as possible. "It was from my grandparents."

"Oh...?" Lavi's single eye widened in surprise and he nodded slowly. "I see."

"It's kind of like the flower on your hairpin, actually." Lenalee commented. "Except it's blue, and not a flower."

"I guess so..." Sin tittered.

"Well, I'm off now. I have to go on a mission." Lavi smiled and walked past them, waving lazily.

Bookman walked past without a word, following Lavi. He looked at Sin for a moment before going.

What was that? Sin thought curiously.

"We shouldn't leave Kanda waiting." Lenalee hooked arms with Sin and together they went to the training grounds, where Komui said that Kanda was waiting for them. They had already gotten held up once, with the uniform measurements, but that was with Kanda's knowledge.

The minute the door opened to the training grounds, something flew right past Sin, the wind ruffling her hair in the process. Her expression stiffened in surprise, looking to which direction the item had been thrown from.

In front of the two exorcists was Kanda, holding a wooden sword in one hand and a deadly expression.

"You're late!" He snapped loudly, growling through his teeth. He looked incredibly annoyed and angry, even more so than before.