Chapter #27

Apocryphos, having been stuck in the Ark for a while, began to pulse, breaking out of his restraints that the Noah had put on him. He shook his arms and legs to regain motion, before exhaling loudly and cracking certain parts of his body to ready himself for battle.

He could feel the power pulsating throughout his body, the power that had come from Mei. She was fighting, he knew, and he knew that she didn't have long after she started absorbing power to live. It was a risky move.

What Apocryphos didn't understand was why she would go to the lengths that she would be? What was her reason? And why did she do it only after 7000 years?

Is it because of that Noah? The Noah she was in love with?!

His thoughts began to swirl as his memories pulled him back to when he was still human, when he was still an accommodator, before he was taken over by his Innocence and became what he was today.

The best friend that he had fallen in love with.

The realisation that she had fallen in love with another man.

The horror of finding out that the man she had fallen in love with, was their enemy.

The shock when she said that she was pregnant with his child.

The betrayal of her morals as an exorcist.

What was he supposed to do?

Apocryphos, previously Aelius, pressed his hands to his face, throwing his head back as he screamed, sorrow flooding his body as the only human part in him cried.

Even after all these years, several millennia, he would never forget. The reason that he became Apocryphos, the reason that he did all that he did.

The reason was Mei.

-

Tyki glanced at Wisely, who was using an akuma to help him.

Why the hell would he tell me all this?! What does he expect me to do in this situation? The Noah wanted to rub his temples. It wasn't a relaxing position to be in, with Mei and Nea on the opposite side of them, and exorcists the other way.

Was it going to be a full scale war?

Maybe.

Probably.

Along with the information that the Demon Eye had given him about Mei and how she will use her power, he still didn't get why she wanted to use it in the first place. What resonated with her so strongly that she decided to do this now?

He even told me about Mana and how he's connected to the Earl, but what am I supposed to do with that information? Understand why Nea wants to kill us all?

The Noah of Pleasure sighed and recounted what Wisely had told him about Mana.

That Mana and Nea were both one in the same, and the Millennium Earl's halves that were originally one whole. That Mana had become the Earl.

What didn't make sense to Tyki was that, if Mana and Nea were one, wouldn't they have joined together as one person rather than stay as two separate individuals? And why would they have wanted to kill one another when each of them wants to be near each other?

That's because they yearn for each other as they are two separate halves of a whole. They can probably be joined again to become the Millennium Earl, but I doubt it because Nea wants to kill the family.

Tyki paused his thoughts momentarily for Wisely to talk to him.

Yeah, but what's his reason? He's a Noah. Why does he want to kill everyone? If he wants to become the Earl then that's just dumb. Just combine with the current Earl, they're the same person aren't they? Tyki thought, raising a brow.