Chapter #23

Allen was on the run. Previously, he had been with Johnny in a shop to ask about some fixable items, but due to the presence of Apocryphos nearby, his arm of Innocence began to react, and he fled. Once he fled down to an alleyway, the Earl stood on the opposite side, blocking him from the exit.

It was then that the 14th had taken over, sending out a signal that would alert Mei from however far away she was.

So that's where he is, Mei had come back to London after giving the blanket to her former travelling companions. She had dressed herself in a wig and different clothes that allowed her to blend in with the normal masses.

He's quite far away, she was sure that if she ran, she might not make it, considering the attire she wore was annoyingly hard to move in and constricted her movements. Damn dresses.

She wasn't thinking of using her wings at this time—she was sure that there would be Noah around, since the 14th was there too, and they were after him. They would be sure to feel the presence of Innocence. To make matters worse, Wisely and Tyki would be the first ones (more than likely) to find her and recognise her regardless of what she dressed herself in.

Tyki, you've practically memorised my host,she wanted to laugh, the guy would probably recognise her just with an arm. Okay, hoo boy, Wisely too maybe. After all...it's the closest to what I used to look like.

Ah. Is Apocryphos here too?She could feel a distinctive Innocence. They didn't seem to find Mei yet, but she wasn't so sure if he could feel her presence yet.

I shouldn't use Seraphim. If I do, then...Mei exhaled through her nose as she stopped in her tracks.

Hey, Sin, you in there?Mei called out to the host.

I've been trying to reach you! Mei could imagine Sin just crossing her arms with a cute little scowl on her face.

Sorry. I had to do a few things.

Then why did you call me out? I can't call out to you for some reason.

Maybe because it's because your resolve is weak.

What?!

Sorry, sorry. I just...wanted to hear your voice.

Hm? Why? You hear it all the time.

Never mind, why did you want to reach out to talk to me?

I want to know what happened 35 years ago.

Hm? You want to know, now? Didn't they already tell you?

Not from your point of view, no. Seeing as though you're going to be using this body for whatever you're going to do now, I think I have a right to know.

You're so nosy. Long story short, I made an agreement with the 14th and now I'm trying to fulfil it.

Is that why you're trying to find him now?

Yeah. But that means I need to find Allen—oh shit.

Mei?

Shit. Shit, shit, shit!

What's wrong?