Chapter #9

"She's about to kill you, you know. Do you want her to kill you? You don't stand a chance against her. Let me fight her. I'll kill her before she kills you. Let me show her what you've got."

"No! This is just a spar! Don't kill her! I'm just here to polish my skills and do some extra training!"

"You are utterly boring. She's about to kill you and all you do is say that it's a spar? That it's training? Hahaha! You are naïve! Spars are just another way of killing a person under the guise of telling them it is a fake fight!"

"Why are you doing this?! Stop! Just stop!"

"Why? It's not like you'll listen to me anyway."

"Why are you always in my head? Why are you telling me to do these things? I don't want to! I don't want to do these catastrophic things to people!"

"Why? It's not like you haven't done something like that before—"

"Stop it!"

"Stop? Hahaha! I'd like to see you try!"

-

Sin abruptly sat up, panting heavily. She had just had a dream, one that was so real, but a repeat of what happened halfway during her sparring match with For.

She rubbed her eyes gently, feeling weary even after waking up. She felt refreshed, but also dead beat tired. The dream didn't help, either.

After I heard that voice in my head, everything went blank. I don't remember what happened then. What happened to For? She was hurt pretty badly...

Just thinking about the voice that kept talking to her was making her feel anxious. She didn't like that voice in her head—it was like someone was trying to pry into her life, and claim it as theirs.

Sin slid out of the infirmary bed and headed out the door, trying to find her way around. She had memorised most of the place after the tour.

It's been a while since I memorised something so complicated.

She stepped out the door after placing her feet in the provided slippers, walking to where For was resting. She wanted to see how the guardian was doing.

It was still the same day, but around 3.30pm or so. She had slept a while.

Sin was halfway there when she was approached by Bak, who had found her wandering the place.

"You're awake, Sin. How are you feeling?" Bak questioned. He could definitely see the demeanour was different from what he had seen before in the battle.

"I'm feeling very good, thank you. I'd like to thank you for the good care this Branch has provided me." Sin did a small courtesy and smiled warmly.

Bak blushed, before hives started to pop up all around his face. He let out a little scream and almost immediately, Won was by his side.

Sin smiled as she drank her tea beside Bak's futon. Won was taking care of him, replacing the cold cloth on top of his forehead with another. His hives were getting better.

...is this really necessary? Sin sat there with a vacant but happy looking face.

Bak observed the Chinese exorcist carefully. The expression the other Sin had shown was intimidating, but the original one wasn't.

That's a mystery we need to solve, Bak coughed once, causing Won concern.

"Sin, I'd like to perform an examination of you." Bak said.