Chapter #30

Cross grinned to himself when he reached his destination, realising the benefit of having the younger exorcist with him. His eyes caught on to the skulls that were directing new akuma into a portal to the current battlefield, and he pointed at it with two fingers.

Destroy it, Marian mouthed those words to Lavi, whose eyes widened.

A bead of sweat rolled down the side of Lavi's cheek when he realised what he had to do. He pressed his lips together and glanced to his side, seeing Apocryphos there, watching the akuma that were being created.

"...should we destroy the egg so that there are no more akuma that'll be made?" Lavi's words came as a smooth and easy suggestion.

Cross wanted to laugh boisterously – some good luck on his side, especially as he was without his own Innocence. Judgement was with Hevlaska – so he couldn't get a hold of it that easily. So, he had to change his plans.

Well, this plan doesn't need it anyway, Marian watched as Apocryphos looked at Lavi as if he grew another head, but ultimately agreed with him when the younger of the two said that it would benefit the exorcists.

As he watched them head to where the skulls are without any sort of tactic except for destroying them head on, Cross pressed a finger to his lips, thoughts going back to when he destroyed the only door of Road's that he had seen.

Was that the only door? Are there any other ones?

Cross recalled the information he had received from Mei, detailing about the situation with the Noah – more specifically, Road.

He didn't know whether it was enough to stop Road from connecting with the other Noah, but right now he couldn't do anything about it anyway if there was signal sent of him doing something.

His task was just to stop the flow of information and get a piece of the akuma egg. That's all that he had to do.

If by destroying Road's door, it'll stop her momentarily, then that should be good enough.

The skulls screamed out as Lavi and Apocryphos killed each one, then the akuma that was being produced. It didn't take too long since they were against Apocryphos, but Cross knew that the younger exorcist was slightly lagging behind, not being at his full power.

Must've been stuck here a while, Cross thought.

A powerful wave of energy erupted once Apocryphos started to destroy the egg, much to Cross's delight. He chipped away at it as continued waves penetrated the air, each strike with a stronger wave.

This one's stronger than the one before.

Lavi felt his body shake as he continued his efforts. He was sure that his muscular strength had deteriorated from the prolonged abuse, on top of less movement.

Shit...Lavi winced when another shockwave nearly knocked him off his feet. His breath had become shallow as he continued to assist the monster Innocence, observing his actions.

Lavi had no idea what Cross wanted, but he just followed along since he didn't know what else there was to do apart from join a war. It's not that he didn't want to help – but rather he wanted a feel of the situation before anything.

Cross took several steps forward, striding with ease even with the powerful waves. He judged the egg to see how much damage was done already, but it wasn't as substantial as he'd thought.

Probably take a little bit longer then.

The womaniser's gaze went from the egg to the portal, which was just another door of the new Ark that led to the battlefield.