Chapter #6

"By myself?" Sin blinked a couple of times, pointing to herself in surprise. "I have to go on a mission by myself?"

Komui sweat dropped at her reaction. He expected something along the lines of 'Oh! Yay!' and happiness, rather than this.

But during this time...Komui's gaze hardened, but he regained composure as he tried to act normal for the exorcist.

"Well, it's not an actual mission that you're taking care of by yourself, but rather a meetup with Allen and Lavi for the General recovery missions." Komui said.

Sin nodded slowly, "I see...so they're not coming back to the Order?"

"No. Apparently they're stuck somewhere in Romania. Lenalee and Bookman were with them, but it seems like they got separated. I want you to meet up with them." Komui requested. "And help them with the General recovery missions after the situation in Romania is solved."

Sin stared at the Chief for a moment, pondering.

It had been a rough past couple of weeks, not just for herself, but for the rest of the Order as well. The Noah family had cut down one of the exorcist Generals, specifically Kevin Yeeger, and destroyed 6 Innocences, as well as declared war upon the Order and its exorcists.

While the other exorcists had gone out on General recovery missions, Sin was forced to stay behind on word from the Chief. It puzzled her as to why everyone was out and doing her job, whilst she stayed in the safety of HQ.

The only thing she'd been doing was training and expanding her knowledge with books from the library. There wasn't much she could do.

Is it because I'm weak? Sin narrowed her eyes at the ground then looked up at Komui.

"I will go. But, I'd like to ask why I'm going now, of all times." Sin took a step forward, her blue eyes focused. She was going to get a satisfactory answer. No, she will get a satisfactory answer.

Komui and her eyes met. His eyes narrowed slowly until they closed. He intertwined his fingers on the table and rested his chin on it, then released.

"Hevlaska was the one who requested that I not send you out to retrieve the Generals, and to stay here for a little bit before going." Komui finally spoke.

"Hevlaska?" Sin's eyes went wide. "Why would she request that?"

"Hevlaska, has got something of a 6th sense. You could say it's because she's worried about you." Komui gave her a light smile.

"But why me? I'm not special." Sin shook her head and placed a hand on her chest, "If I'm not going to help out the Order, doesn't that mean I shouldn't be here in the first place? What would have been the point for my being here?"

Komui was silent. He let it sit for around a minute, before he sighed, "I'm not sure either. But Hevlaska has been keen on keeping an eye out for you."

Komui stopped himself there. He wasn't going to say anymore.

Sin pressed her lips into a thin line, clearly dissatisfied with Hevlaska's intervention.

Why would she do that, though?

"Is she keeping an eye out for me because I'm weak?" Sin pressed. She stayed calm and composed through this.

Komui looked a little stunned, "Weak? I wouldn't say that. I don't think she's doing that for that reason."

Does he know the reason? Sin observed Komui, seeing if he was acting suspicious in any way. Just what does he know?