Chapter #22

It was no joke that Wisely had become suspicious of Mei. It was already suspicious enough that she was on good terms with the former 14th Noah, and that he couldn't read her thoughts. There would have to be a reason behind it, and he wanted to get to the bottom of and know why.

However, Mei didn't give him a proper answer, the only words leaving her lips being: "You will know when the time comes."

Wisely frowned to himself as he sat on the floor of Tyki's room, crossing his arms, pulling the blankets closer to him.

"What are you doing here, Wisely?" Tyki slightly raised his brow when he saw his nephew in his room. He had just come back.

Wisely spared him a glance, but didn't respond, only continuing doing what he was doing before.

Now that I think about it, what happened to Apocryphos? Is it after Sin, or is it going to start pursuing the 14th's reincarnation? Wisely suddenly thought. He glanced back at Tyki, seeing that he was going to bed, yawning.

On a side note...Wisely read his uncle's thoughts, which were a jumbled mess at that point of time.

Joyd may take action? Wisely raised a brow to himself, wondering if it was a coincidence that everything seemed to line up.

---

The following night, the Noah dispersed around the world, appearing as the leaders of akuma that the exorcists were fighting.

In the North American Branch, most of the scientists, including Rouvelier and the branch Chiefs, were taken a hold of by Sheril's Noah ability. They were held there without their will, watching on as Alma Karma awakened, who was the second exorcist who had an akuma nucleus planted into them.

While they were busy doing whatever they needed to do over on that side, Sin was forced to stay inside the Ark.

The main reason they're not letting me outside is because Apocryphos will get to me...I think, Sin thought, an image of the earless independent Innocence popping into her mind.

...so what now? What do I do in this time? Pry and see what I can find inside this Ark? She paused her thoughts for a moment, then hit a fist to her open palm, finding that she had actually thought up of a good idea.

"Not a bad idea..." She mumbled to herself, standing up. She headed to the door, remembering that nobody would be in the Ark. They would all be out, confronting her former exorcist companions.

...I hope that nothing bad happens to any of them, Sin wished that the Noah didn't do anything too horrific. She had remembered in one of the dreams she had, she had witnessed the Noah torturing an exorcist; something that was seen by absolute coincidence.

But I can't hope for anything like that; what with knowing how much the Noah hate Innocence. I can't even be sure that they wouldn't kill me if I was left alone. Sin sighed to herself. She pressed a finger to her forehead, closing her eyes for a brief moment to calm herself down.

She opened the door and took a look both ways before heading out. She was going to go exploring, and exploring she went.

The rooms she went to were all pretty normal, nothing out of the ordinary. It was like any other noble's house she went to; expensive ornamentation everywhere, and everything was clean. It wasn't like the old Ark at all.

...is this really just a normal home though? I'm on the Ark, so there's bound to be something interesting here, Sin pouted and crossed her arms, letting out an annoyed groan.