Chapter #21

Johnny pressed his hands together, squeezing his eyes shut. He was trying to calm himself down from his encounter with Sin. It was hard enough that he couldn't say everything that he wanted to, and was saddened that he wasn't able to convey the messages and feelings of everyone that missed her.

"Where did you go, Johnny?!" Lavi headed to him, glancing around almost sporadically to see if the nurse was anywhere near them. "The nurse will kill you if she found out you sneaked out!"

"I was just getting some things for Reever." Johnny replied with a blank face, which then turned into a teary eyed one.

Lavi held back a choking kind of sound from surprise, looking around yet again, "Y-You're crying?! What's wrong?!"

Johnny didn't give a reply to the red haired exorcist, even when he was bawling his eyes out. He couldn't say anything, because he knew that if he did, he would be breaking whatever trust he had with Sin, and he didn't want that.

Lavi just stared at Johnny, taken aback.

Why is he suddenly crying? Did something happen when he went out just then? Did somebody bully him? Or...

Lavi took Johnny's silence as something that was able to give things away quite a bit. He had a hunch he knew what it was, but at the same time, he didn't really have any conclusive evidence.

If it's what I think it is, then...

--

Whispers sounded around the large dance hall, eyes that were once dancing on their peers, colleagues and friends, now on the newcomers that arrived.

The Millennium and Sheril were the first ones who walked in, greeting everyone with a nod of the head and a smile, letting the butlers take their hats, coats and canes. But, it was not them that their eyes were glued to. It was the two behind him, Tyki and Sin. They were pleasantly surprised at the new appearance, but also quite intrigued, as she looked different to everyone else who attended, especially the dress she chose.

Everyone's staring...Sin could feel many eyes boring into her, staring at her as if she were an object in an art museum. She had felt stares like this many times in her life, but after a while of not attending events like this, it was almost a foreign feeling to her. However, she still put up the dignified airs that she was taught from a young age.

"Wow. They must really like you to stare so much." Tyki whispered to her, teasing. His eyes scanned the room, seeing that people were indeed staring at her.

Sin glanced over at him, almost wanting to sweat drop and tell him that the gazes are on him, but even if she did say that, they weren't. She thanked the butler who took her coat from her, giving him a warm smile.

The butler smiled in return, surprised that someone of her status (most people who attended the tea party were all in a high social class) would pay attention to a humble butler like him. A light blush adorned his features when he held onto her jacket, taking Road's as well.

Road smiled, but it was almost sly, like she was watching from afar. She covered it with a grin, grabbing Sin's arm and dragging her with her, giggling, "Let's go get some food! I'm hungry!"

"Ah—Road," Sin was caught by surprise, just slightly gasped as she was pulled by the presumed younger lady.

Tyki smiled small as he watched them go, seeing that the crowd began to shift their eyes, spreading between him and Cynthia.

The Earl and Sheril had gone to talk to their acquaintances and make good talk, whilst Tyki was approached by some males that he barely knew, but had seen around. They exchanged small talk, but once they finished, they immediately asked who Sin was, stealing peeks at her from the side of their eyes.