Chapter 8

Okay, so this is the red light district.

Sin stood in front of the large sign that glowed brightly with various coloured lights. She pressed her lips into a thin line as she stared inside the place, seeing prostitutes of both genders trying to get people for their services, and drunk people happily swaying side to side in a place that was lively, bright and upbeat.

I've only ever been here once, and that was by a complete accident. I never thought I'd go in here again, to be honest. Sin sighed to herself and shook her head a few times to clear her mind. Okay, there's no problem if I go in, right? I'm just here to find General Cross. That's it.

With a huff of annoyance at her own hesitation, the female stepped into the district. She looked around the place to see which building was the grandest, as the grander it was, the more customers it had, and the more money it would rake in. The grandest would be the best and highest ranking brothel.

Sin could feel many eyes on her as she walked through the place briskly. She could feel that these stares were different; she didn't want to be the subject under their gazes. It was almost predatory.

I should hurry up and go do what I need to do.

She spotted a large brothel around the central area of the district. It was grand and beautiful, reminiscent of a modern castle. It was called 'Tenseiro', which was written in Chinese.

Could this be the high ranking brothel? Sin stopped in front of it and just stared, unsure of how to go about things.

Do I just go in or do I just wait for them to notice me? She stood there awkwardly as she felt gazes on her from people passing by.

"Do you have any business here?"

Sin felt a shadow cast over her. She looked up, and had to incline her head further than she normally did, seeing the face of a bald...

...woman? She's got breasts so it's got to be...right? Sin's blue eyes were widened and a frozen smile was on her lips. She stared at the person in front of her, almost afraid of letting out a sound.

Scary!

"Hm? You are..." The tall woman leaned forward a little and took a good look at Sin, eyeing her up and down with an angry looking expression. She paused for a little, then grabbed her cloak and pulled it to the side, showing the Black Order's uniform underneath.

She let her clothing go, "Come with me, exorcist."

Sin blinked a couple of times, unsure of what just happened. She followed the tall woman, as she found her safer than the people outside on the street.

She looked at my uniform? Sin realised while following her. I'm hoping that's a good thing.

The tall woman went inside a door at the back, telling the exorcist to follow her quickly. Sin did, and went inside, seeing the grand structure's interior. It was as grand as it was outside, if not grander.

The tall woman stood on the side of the room, and another woman was sitting in one half of the room, to Sin's right. She bowed slightly to Sin when she entered, which Sin responded to.

"Sit down, Sin." The lady sitting down gestured to the opposite side of the room.

The exorcist gave her a look of surprise, how did she know my name?

She sat down opposite the lady and admired how beautiful she was. The makeup and her attire certainly accelerated her beauty.

"I hear you go by that name now." The lady smiled at Sin.