Chapter #12

"Rest well, Skinn." Road held out a piece of candy, her face covered with a book. She dangled in front of her.

"Sweet tooth lost?" Tyki questioned.

"Yeah. The guy Allen and the others left behind didn't pass through my door, either."

"So they killed each other."

"Are you crying, Tyki?" Road reached over, pulling the book away from her face. Her uncle had tears in his eyes, and it had fallen down his cheeks.

He blocked her hand from getting to his face, "I can't stop them from coming out. Are the Noah inside of us crying?"

"Aha! That may be so. I guess...the Noah inside us are crying."

Suddenly the door was kicked down by the twin Noah, David and Jasdero. Their black makeup was running, having touched the tears from their eyes.

"Road! Where are the tissues?" David spoke first.

"Wow." Tyki looked at them with an expression of indifference, "Your tears are black."

"STUPID TYKI!" David snapped.

"OUR MAKEUP IS RUNNING, HEEE!" Jasdero carried a chicken with a hat.

The Noah of Pleasure raised his brow as Road got them their much needed help, giving them towels. She sat back on her seat, "Skinn was the child of Noah with the memory of 'Wrath'. Jasdevi's 'Bonds', Tyki's 'Pleasure', or my 'Dreams' are different. 'Wrath' was the most intense of the Noah's memories; I feel kind of sorry for him."

"That baldy had some violent mood swings sometimes." David pointed out, remembering when he destroyed an akuma that had given him a savoury egg.

"He was a difficult character to understand, hee!" Jasdero rubbed his face.

"We are the Noah's children too, so we have the urge to kill exorcists on sight, but..." Road paused for a brief moment, "The thought that the 'wrath' of Noah was a child that was the strongest Noah, was made to fight like a puppet..."

"Skinn was a pitiful Noah, hee!"

Leaning his head back, Tyki pondered on Road's words just now.

Urge to kill an exorcist on sight, huh...? That thought went through his head like a breath of wind. He looked at the twins, trying to distract himself.

Rubbing his nose, the male blinked the tears away as they finally started to stop. "Didn't the Earl ask you two to capture Cross?"

Silence.

"Eh, what? That guy..." David muttered with an almost animalistic like growl.

"How did the conversation get here? Should we go now?" Jasdero mumbled. The chicken on top of his head let out a squawk.

"So you failed again, right?" Tyki pointed out.

"SHUT UP! THAT'S RIGHT, SO WHAT?!" David's expression turned dark as he confronted Tyki. The chicken came up in front of him too, and began to squawk in the 26 year old's direction.

"SO WHAT IF WE'RE AFRIAD OF THE EARL?!" Jasdero roared.

"Is Cross that fast at running away? I wonder if I could catch him..." Tyki mused.

"HE'S OUR PREY!"

As the 3 Noah and 1 chicken bickered, Road found a wad of paper that had dropped from David's clothes. She went down and picked it up, flipping through it. "What's this? Bills?"

David froze, turning around slowly, "That's..."

"Hotel charges, alcohol charges, women charges..." Road let out a long elongated vowel, "Wow! What are all these?"