Chapter #34

Tyki looked at her as if she was crazy.

He opened his mouth to protest her words, wondering what the hell she was going on about, but she cut him off before he had the chance.

"This is the only way," Mei couldn't properly explain everything, "I trust you to do this." She grabbed the hand that held his face, pressing his fingers around the hilt. Her hands stayed on his for a moment, feeling the warmth that belonged to Sin.

Tyki opened his mouth, wanting to say something, but then gritted his teeth, "What the hell...?"

"You know," Mei ignored the disbelief coming from his words, leaving him unanswered, "This will be the last time you see me. So, you should be happy."

"...happy?" His words came out strained. He didn't have any strength to throw the sword away. "Happy that I'll be killing you...?"

He couldn't believe this woman. Killing her? He wouldn't just be killing her, but he'd be killing the physical body of the one that he treasured.

Mei knew that no matter what words she said, in no way she trusted that he'd actually be able to do it himself.

The reason was simple.

"What...what will happen to Sin?" His words came out soft, but had an edge to it that asked for an answer.

"She'll..." Mei looked at him, staring at his golden irises. She searched them, wondering what kind of answer he was looking for. She smiled, her eyes curling.

"She'll live."

It was done so well, and if Tyki didn't know better, he would've believed her.

His breathing hitched and he tried to pull his arm away, but another wave of the Noah's thrashing memory came as a shock to him, and doubled over in pain, coughing blood. He heaved, a hand over his mouth as he turned away.

When his attention went back to Joyd's lover, she kept the same smile as before.

Even though her smile was flawless enough to fool anybody, why did she look so sad?

"Joyd," Mei cupped a hand to his cheek and leaned forward, kissing the side of his cheek lightly, "Thank you."

The Noah's expression turned to shock, and he didn't know whether or not he felt sad at her words or if it was his Noah's memory reacting. His vision blurred, not from tears but from the gradual loss of power that seeped away from him. His head and chest hurt and punished him with pain, more violent than the outbursts caused by the awakening of Joyd.

He pulled away from Mei, trying to get away as far as possible, but he had grown weak. Everything was sapping away from him at a fast pace, and his consciousness was fading from him.

"Tyki," Mei grabbed his hand tightly and directed the sword at herself, pushing herself forward and plunging it into her chest. Her lips moved and spoke to the man as a shocked expression took over his features.

The last thing he could remember was her genuine smile before a bright light blinded his vision.

~~~~~

Eeez looked up, seeing the bright beam of light in the distance brighten the sky, separating clouds and the sky. The boy wondered what was happening in the distance - was there a God that had descended from the heavens? Or was there a really bright light from a lighthouse or a super large torch? Which one it was, he didn't know.

When watching the bright light, he felt his frail body tremble, and his knees gave out. He stumbled and fell on the ground, feeling pain in his knee as his palms felt the earth.