Chapter #14

"What...?" Sin gasped, astounded. She did not expect such a thing to ever exist. "How...is that possible?!" She exclaimed.

Lenalee's eyes were wide as she remembered Suman Dark. She was absolutely and utterly confused as to how and why Sin's Innocence was unable to become a Fallen One.

"We do not yet know the reason." Link stood on the side, next to Komui's desk and beside Allen.

"That's all about what Hevlaska knows." Komui concluded. "That's all that I'm able to tell you."

Sin was silent, shocked. She took out her Innocence and stared at it, taking a long moment to think of a sentence, "If this Innocence is unable to become a Fallen One...that explains how they were able to betray the Order." She spoke softly, but Link was unable to hear her words.

Except, Lavi and Lenalee did.

Sin...! Lenalee worried for her friend. Not only was she going to die because she had a certain Innocence that Central and the Holy Father did not approve of, but also because of its previous connections to the Noah family, along with the history of betrayal against the Black Order.

Lavi thought for a short moment, how is an Innocence even able to not become a Fallen One? How is that even possible? That's unheard of. Not only is Allen and Lenalee's Innocence both unusual, Sin's one is, as well. Could she possibly be the Heart?

Lavi couldn't imagine the Heart being something that betrays the Order time and time again, but he couldn't rule out the possibility that it might be just that.

Sin chuckled, having realised something.

"What is so funny, Sin Diae?!" Link narrowed his eyes at her.

"Sin...?" Komui spoke, uncertainty in his voice.

"I now understand. I said before, didn't I? That Central and the Holy Father were afraid of something." Sin recalled the incident just before in the cafeteria, "I guess this is what it is. An ally that, at the same time, is also an enemy. One that you cannot distinguish to be on your side or not. One that, out of fear, you all choose to kill, without even knowing its stance."

"Sin Diae! You will not insult the Holy Father or Central any—"

"But I'm right, aren't I?" Sin interrupted. He shut up, confirming that Sin's theories were true. She sighed, "I wouldn't blame them if they were afraid of something like that. I do think all of this is absurd, but who am I to talk? I'm just a measly exorcist." She chuckled lightly, shaking her head.

"Sin...!" Lenalee grabbed her hand, holding it tightly. She stared at her for a long while.

Sin just smiled at her. She understood Lena's worries, knowing that she probably worried more so than she did at this point.

Lenalee...Sin's eyes glazed over as she saw the tears that were about to fall.

It's said an eye speaks more than words, in which case, Lenalee's silence, could be seen as an attachment to Sin, who she viewed as an older sister figure and good friend, and her unwillingness to allow such a horrible thing to happen to her.

Sin's blue irises flickered to the others. Allen and Lavi's eyes told her all she needed to know; they were on the same boat as Lenalee. Kanda, on the other hand, had an annoyed expression, glaring at Link at the side of his eye.

Haha...he looks as angry as always.

Sin stared at the desk in front of her. She was too preoccupied with her own thoughts about this whole situation that she just fell silent.