Chapter #16

"What?!" Tyki exclaimed, accidently letting the fish he just caught jump back into the pond. He stared at Road with wide eyes, gaping. "Are you serious?"

"Yup." Road rocked on her heels. "The Earl and I just heard from our sources."

"So she broke out of prison and now she's a traitor to the Order and they want to kill her?" Tyki waved around the fish bone that he had with astonishment.

"That's right."

"Why would she break out of prison? Why is she even in prison?" He questioned, raising a brow. He lifted up the glasses he wore in his human disguise, pushing them onto his head like a headband.

"You don't know?" Road asked with genuine surprise.

"No."

"That was the whole point of the Earl telling you about Seraphim's history at the Order..." Road sighed, "She was imprisoned because of her Innocence. Don't you remember the Earl saying that the Order hated Seraphim?"

"...oh." Tyki put the puzzle together and rubbed the back of his neck, looking to the pond.

Then that would make sense that they'd imprison her.

"She was actually put on death row, you know." Road revealed to him.

"Death row?!" Tyki whipped around to face her again, the fish bones dropping from his hand. "That's a bit too much, isn't it?"

Even if he hated exorcists, he couldn't bring himself to hate his friend, and worried for them instead.

"Not for the Order, no." Road simply shrugged. "That's why there's a kill at sight order for her by exorcists and the like."

The male was speechless. He closed his mouth and thought for a long moment, looking down at the water.

He was actually out there to chill and just eat fish, but it seems that Sin's safety was reaching new heights, in the wrong direction.

"So, what are you going to do, Tyki?"

--

The fragrance of flowers—jasmine, chrysanthemums and orchids.

They're so nostalgic...

Blue eyes fluttered open, staring at a bed's ceiling structure. It was red, the colour of luck.

...where?

It felt all too familiar to her. She turned her head to the side on the round pillow, seeing a Chinese styled interior. She knew she was currently in the bed at the end of the room, with the light coloured bed curtains up. On the sides of the room were hanging scrolls, a wardrobe and storage boxes, as well as a full length mirror and dresser. In the middle of the room, there was a round marble table with four seats, and sitting on one of them and doing his work, was the boy she had seen at the festival, who mistakenly thought she was his sister.

Which is wrong, Sin pulled herself up, feeling a heaviness in her head and limbs as she did so. She pressed her hand to her forehead, sitting up. What is this drowsiness?

Hearing the sound of movement and bedsheet rustle, Leon looked over to Sin, seeing that she was awake. He stopped doing what he was doing and headed over in a rush, almost frantic.

"You're awake! Big sis—ah, no, I mean, guest." Leon bowed a little at her, "How are you feeling, Miss?"

Sin just observed the 12 year old, seeing he had grown up well. He was slightly fidgeting, as he was nervous. She had a better look at him now than she did before, noticing that his features had matured slightly and he was taller than he was 5 years ago.