Chapter #17

Leon paced back and forth his room, thinking. He had heard from his mother that Li Jun had dropped by unannounced during Lord Mikk and Lady Road's meeting.

He wasn't able to sleep, as something was weighing on his mind, especially his sister's behaviour when their mother asked her if she was willing to see Li Jun again.

She said she didn't want to? Leon raised a brow.

He was 12, but he was far smarter and mature than a lot of others his age. That may be because of his duties and education as prince and the weight of the city and possibly, the nation's people on his shoulders.

Big sister looked afraid, but why? On the night of sister's engagement party, they got along just fine, I remember. What happened? Li Jun pressed his fist to his lips, his elbow held by the opposite hand.

But Li Jun is a very nice person, much like sister. Maybe sister doesn't want to see him because she boycotted the party and went missing for all this time?

Hm, maybe that is it. Li Jun's reputation must have suffered due to that, and that must have reflected badly on him, so she doesn't want to face him.

Leon nodded at the thought, finding that it was very plausible. But then, he abruptly stopped his pacing, realising that that was not possible.

Big sister would not do that. She faces people head on. So if not to save face, then what?

--

Tyki was just staring up at the bed's ceiling. It was separate to the actual ceiling, he noticed, much like the beds where he stayed as a noble. Even in the darkness, he could tell by the moon's light, that it was red.

It wasn't too late by his standards, even after washing up. It was only around 11, after all.

Normally we'd sleep around this time to get up early, Tyki reminisced. He sighed to himself, sitting up. As much as he'd like to look outside, there was a thin piece of paper blocking his way, and he didn't know whether or not he was even allowed to rip it off.

Better not, he decided against it, leaning against the wall next to the window. He wasn't going to sleep just yet.

He was still in the process of thinking about what to do with Sin. He had already made up his mind, and was quite thankful the Earl didn't ask for anything worse.

No more friends dying, Tyki sat cross legged, relieved. His stiff shoulders relaxed.

As he sat there in silence, his thoughts dwelled on the past. He had a lot of fun, regardless whether it was with his miner buddies or being a Noah and doing jobs for the Earl. He thought them equally as fun as each other. Yet, along the way, after Sin joined, he enjoyed himself even more with his minor buddies.

Back then, Sin was a 'boy'. How he didn't question it was something that was unknown to him for a long time, but now that he had time to think by himself without anyone interrupting, he realised something he already knew long ago.

I knew, but feigned ignorance, Tyki almost wanted to laugh at himself for being pathetic.

He didn't want to believe that this 'he' was actually a 'she', as he himself would know that believing it to be a 'she' would mean that he couldn't stop himself. But once she confirmed it, it was like a load was released from his shoulders.

He let out a light chuckle, shaking his head and pressing his hand to his forehead to sweep his hair back, almost in exasperation at himself.

This was why I didn't want to believe it.