Chapter #5

"What a useless akuma." Overlooking the crater filled flower field in an area that wouldn't cast shadow, sat a petite girl on a flying umbrella.

"I agree, Lero." The flying umbrella was able to talk from its pumpkin like head.

"I had higher hopes for it than that." The girl sighed. She then stood up on the umbrella, placing her hands on her hips. "That exorcist..."

"Which exorcist, Lero?"

The girl said nothing, staring at the flowers with a blank expression.

Where have I seen her before?

-

"Good job on completing your first mission, Sin." Komui smiled, placing the 'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED' papers on his mysteriously clean desk.

Reever...Sin and Lenalee thought, almost proudly, of the Science Division leader. They imagined him flying off with a tired but happy expression, a halo above his head, whilst waving goodbye. You did well.

"Now you'll need to complete the mission report. Since it's your first time doing it, Lenalee will help you." The Chief nodded towards his sister.

Sin nodded, a light smile on her lips. She was happy that she completed her mission successfully, but she felt sad for the fate of those taken by the offers of the Millennium Earl.

"Let's go fill it out now." Lenalee sat Sin down on the comfortable chairs in the room, showing her the ropes of how to do this and that.

Komui watched them with a smile on his face. While they were gone on their mission, Reever had been kind enough to clean out his whole office for him, pulling an all-nighter to do so. He even made his favourite Blue Mountain coffee for him in the morning when he was pleasantly surprised by how clean his office was.

'You suck', he said...naw, he loves me enough to do this for me, Komui thought with a grin.

On a side note...The Chief thought back to when he had visited Hevlaska during the week that the two females were gone. Hevlaska had called him down to tell him something, but when he did reach the bottom levels of the building, she didn't say much or tell him the actual reason she wanted him there.

It was like she was afraid of telling me something. Just what did she want to tell me? Komui thought with a serious expression. 'Komui, that person...watch them closely', is what she said. She didn't even mention who it was that she was talking about. Hm...she could be talking about anyone, really.

While busy in his own thoughts, Komui sat there with a concentrated expression fixated on the desk and his coffee mug.

Lenalee and Sin were finishing up the report, and were almost done. It was a tedious but simple task after missions, but it had to be done.

"We're done!" Sin grinned and looked through the papers once again for confirmation, then placed them on Komui's desk.

"Ah, good work." Komui snapped out of his thoughts and smiled. "You can take the rest of the day off."

"But it's evening..." Lenalee sweat dropped.

"Oh, I mean you can take the rest of the night off, then."

-

Sin ended up alone after finishing the report with Lenalee. She had stayed with her brother, and thus didn't come with her to chill.

What am I going to do now...the library? Training? I don't really want to do either...maybe I should talk to Jerry. Nah, I guess I'll just go to sleep or something.