Chapter #18

A hand caressed a cheek, causing a smile to come to her features. She giggled, holding onto that hand that she didn't want to let go.

"I'm glad that you came all this way to see me," She pressed a hand to the male's chest, letting her fingers climb up to his cheek, where she pulled him in for a light kiss.

He could only smile, then pulled her closer, resting his chin on top of her head, steadying his breathing. He was content just like this, holding her.

They stood there in silence, enjoying each other's company. They didn't get to see each other often because of the nature of their jobs, but when they did, it was worthwhile.

"Do you know?" The female piped up playfully.

"Hm? Know what?" The male's arms went around her shoulders.

"That I love you very much!" She grinned, hugging him.

"You say that every time you see me." The male chuckled, moving back just slightly so he was able to press his forehead against hers.

He closed his eyes, "Do you think he'll let us be together?"

She stared down at his collarbones, a bitter smile on her face as the mood shifted.

"I only wish."

--

Sin awoke, feeling like the dream she had wasn't a dream of her own. She stared at the ceiling for a moment, wondering who was in that dream.

There was a woman and a man, but who were they? She questioned herself. I couldn't even see their faces properly.

"You're awake."

The exorcist glanced over to the voice, seeing that Tyki was already awake. He had been in his own thoughts the whole time, until she awoke a couple of hours after him.

"Good...morning, Tyki." She sat up.

"Good morning." He uncrossed his legs and stood up, pouring some water for her.

"Thanks."

"How are you feeling?" He sat back down, glancing at the bandaged shoulder and cheeks. He noticed that the bruises she had before were gone, which surprised him.

Sin moved around a little, finding that there was no pain whatsoever. She touched her shoulder, then poked it when she felt nothing.

"What are you doing?" The Noah watched her with an amused look.

"I'm just seeing if it hurts or not. It doesn't hurt at all, so it should be all healed up." She placed the glass of water back onto the table and started undoing the bandages on her hand, finding a completely healed hand when she did. She stretched and moved it a little, smiling.

"It...really did heal." Tyki stared at her in astonishment, "How is that even possible overnight?" It confused him. There was no way that was possible.

"Apparently I heal really fast now." Sin let out a nervous laugh, "It didn't use to be like this, I swear."

Tyki helped her out with undoing the shoulder bandages and cheek ones, finding that they were all healed up as well.

"You were stabbed and you heal overnight? What the hell?" Tyki could only stare in utter surprise at her shoulder, which didn't look like it had been stabbed at all.

"I guess it's a good thing, since it doesn't hurt anymore." Sin pulled the blankets off her and wore the shawl that was folded on the table, sliding off the bed. She put on the slippers and headed to the door.