Chapter #19

Sin pressed her lips into a thin, smiling line as she stared at the bowl of soup in front of her. She had almost forgotten that she was in such a situation, and currently, it didn't help that it was the Noah family she dined with.

Tyki hit her foot with his, making her look at him. He glanced over, leaning his elbows on the table. "How does it feel to dine with the Noah?"

"Positively frightening." Sin whispered, holding that smile on her face.

Which was true in that aspect, as those who had assembled at the long rectangular table were all staring at her, some of their murderous aura showing, as they ate. Namely, she knew she wasn't a wanted invitation.

"Now, now, Sin, dig in." The Earl dabbed his mouth with a napkin, though it looked more like he dabbed his teeth.

"Okay." Sin nodded once and bowed slightly to the Earl before starting her meal.

The current situation reminded her of the official conferences and meetings she had when she was doing her duties as a princess. It was tiring and there were never enough of the stares and judgments that she disliked.

I hope Leon fares well, Sin wondered if Leon felt the same way about them as she did.

The table was silent as the Noah ate, with the occasional comment from Road and the twins.

"They're usually so lively," The Earl commented towards Sin. Sin looked to him, "But since we have a guest they seem to be on their best behaviour."

"THAT'S NOT IT, HEE!" Jasdero stood up and poured the rest of the soup in his mouth, wiping the excess on his chin with his arm, "Why is an exorcist eating with us?! I thought we hated exorcists!"

"Of course we hate exorcists! Sit down!" David pulled Jasdero down, huffing in annoyance.

"It seems she is an exception. I didn't think I would see you here after you fought our akuma in the Order." Lulubell had her eyes closed, but they momentarily opened to look towards the guest she sat diagonally opposite of, before closing again. She placed her spoon to the side, having finished her soup. "But if the Earl wants you here, I have no objections."

"She's a nice person!" Road chimed, mixing her soup. She waved the spoon in the air, "You know, when we fought in the Ark, she didn't even use her Innocence to attack us!" She stopped for a moment, "Except for when Tyki had awakened his inner Noah..."

Sin laughed lightly, nervous. She didn't really know what to say, so she kept quiet.

"But that's beside the point!" Road pointed the spoon at Sin, meeting the eyes of everyone on the table. "She has use for the Noah family!"

The smile that she sustained on her lips was gone. Sin didn't exactly like the sound of 'she has use for the Noah family', as it definitely indicated that they had something up their sleeves. She was curious as to what they needed her for, but also anxious at the same time. What if their plans for her were worse than the Order's?

"Hey, hey, that makes it sound like she's an object." Tyki sighed.

"Hm...I guess so." Road shrugged, then pointed the spoon towards Tyki, "But now you have an excuse to reject all those marriage proposals, right?" She grinned.

Tyki opened his mouth to protest but then closed it, knowing it was all too true. "This has nothing to do with my marriage propo—"

"Yes it does!" Road nearly screeched. "You can have an actual reason now!" She really loved to tease her uncle at any opportunity she got, and Sin was making another one.