Chapter #3

"A thousand dreams trickle back to the earth, on the night when the silver eyes were trembling, the shining you was born, across millions of years, the prayers have already returned back to the earth."

-

The Finders that gathered at the cafeteria after a long days' worth of hard work and training were a group that were present during Kanda's demon training session from hell.

Chowing down on their food, the Finders expressed their pity for the rookie that had been told to take lessons. They shook their heads and sighed deeply, remembering the shouting and yelling from the training hall.

"Poor newbie..." One of the Finders sighed.

"I heard it was a girl that he was training." Another expressed. "Apparently she doesn't know how to use her Innocence so she's training with Kanda to get better."

"Isn't it good that he's training her? He's a successful exorcist...with a shitty attitude." One snorted.

"You were there, weren't you? Didn't you hear him yelling the whole time?" One raised a brow.

"Maybe he's just in a bad mood." One shrugged.

"He's always in a bad mood." One retorted.

Lenalee eavesdropped on their conversation, finding it interesting. She knew that Sin hadn't come down to eat yet, and wondered if she was still training. Kanda hadn't come down either.

I guess I'll go check on them later, she thought, hurrying up her eating pace. She quickly finished up and headed out, thanking Jerry for the food.

When she reached the training halls, she took a glance inside, only to see that they were indeed still training. She watched from the sidelines a little, seeing if what the Finders said was true.

"Idiot, you're doing it the wrong way!" Kanda snapped, hitting her on the head with the wooden sword. "You hold it like this." He did a demonstration.

"Ouch!" Sin sucked in her lips and kneaded her lips together, looking at how Kanda did it. The hit to the head wasn't as hard as she thought it would be, but it still hurt.

She didn't complain any more than she did, considering that it was now almost a normal routine for him to shout at her and scold her. But to a degree, Sin thought that she deserved it, since she was doing it wrong.

"Like this?" She questioned, holding it the exact same way as Mugen's accommodator.

The beautiful exorcist looked down at her hands but didn't say a word of praise, instead, he continued on with the lesson. "Lunge it forward." Like before, he did a demonstration, in which the girl followed.

"TOO SLOW!" Kanda barked. Sin tried yet again, but he kept telling her she was too slow, and thus she kept doing it.

Lenalee sweat dropped behind the door. It wasn't as bad as what the Finders had exaggerated it to be, but it was still on a tougher level than other teachers.

I'm surprised Kanda can hold his patience for this long, Lenalee smiled small. She took a side step and entered the training halls, walking up to an area close to where they were, but not close enough to get hit.

"Have you had a break yet?" Lenalee asked in between Kanda's snapping and Sin's efforts.

"Not until she knows how to do a lunge!" Kanda glared at the new exorcist.

Lenalee tittered, worried about how long that would take. She was worried about Sin, since she seemed to be really sore that morning.

I wonder how she's coping now...she thought, examining the older girl.