Chapter #32

What is he doing now? Marian's eyes flickered to the red haired boy that had followed him from the Ark.

He was making his way towards the exorcists albeit quickly, having extended his Innocence. The looks on the exorcists that were fighting were mixed with astonishment and shock when they saw the missing exorcist appear before their very eyes.

Did the Noah say anything? He wondered. The current Bookman was nowhere to be found, but previously, they had aligned themselves with the Noah for bookkeeping and recording purposes.

Where did he go? He's the one person I would expect here.

Lavi was Bookman Junior, so like his predecessor, his memory was impeccable, so he could do the recording in the current Bookman's stead. He might have also heard a thing or two when he was stuck in that room on the Ark. But what information it was, Cross wasn't sure.

Cross wondered how long it was before time was up. Mei had a time limit with the current form of Seraphim. He was never told what would happen when that time limit was up, but if he had to guess, it would be related to the final act.

~~~~~

Mei hardened her gaze on Apocryphos, pushing aside her state of emotion and replacing it with her rationale and drive.

"And?" Her words came out almost like a drawl, like she was sick of being reprimanded by him. "What good will it do now that you've told me?"

There's only 10 minutes left.

The former human grabbed the sword with his other hand, his face contorting to one akin to sadness, then it changed back to his usual angry look. It would've been difficult for others to see the shift in expressions, but since Mei was so close and knew Apocryphos and Aelius well, she was able to see it.

"You're going against the word of God!" Apocryphos' grip tightened on the sword, and before Mei could get away, he snapped the Innocence right in half.

Mei quickly jerked back, surprised that he was able to snap it, regaining her senses shortly after when she examined the situation.

Makes sense! Although he's not the most favoured by God, he's favoured, just lower than Seraphim. Which makes him quite powerful,Mei's thoughts were quick and to the point - Apocryphos didn't give her any time to think of more, as he had lunged at her to attack.

She dodged, blocked and parried his different sets of attacks, going on the defensive and looking for any openings.

Shit...I forgot that Aelius was a better fighter than I was, Mei wanted to click her tongue at the forgotten memory.

She didn't have that much time left before the fire of purification would extinguish - and she had to get everything done before then.

I need to wrap this up quick!

~~~~~

Damn, so he already knew, Nea thought for a solid moment, skidding away from the Earl. They had exchanged so many blows that it was hard to get a hit in. It got annoying as the other Noah would get in the way and waste his energy.

He already had suspicions that she's the Heart!

Even though the body of Allen Walker was agile and strong, it wasn't as strong as his original body. But, it was enough.

Anytime now, woman!

Nea didn't dare look in the way of his companion as the danger of being knocked out was pretty high. After all, he was going against the Noah family. He was glad he didn't need to fight the Noah of Pleasure or Wrath - they were two of the most powerful.