Chapter #25

Wisely arrived via the Ark, coming up from the ground next to Tyki. He was still dressed in his warm clothes that he took the Earl back in, and didn't really want to change out of them unless forced to.

Tyki glanced to his side, seeing his lazy friend come up from beside him.

Sheril questioned, "How's the Earl?"

"He's sleeping right now," Wisely responded. He glanced at Tyki, then at their prey. "Oh, you guys managed to successfully capture him." It was a lightly shaded remark that he gave with a small smile at the twins.

"HEY! ARE YOU MOCKING US?!" David was the first to exclaim loudly, waving around his gun.

"No, not really. It's good you immobilized him," The Demon Eye nodded with agreement with his own words.

But I doubt that's enough to hold him down. So why's he just sitting there letting us toy with him? were Wisely's true thoughts. There had to be a reason he wasn't putting up a fight.

"So, what do we do with this guy? Kill him?" Sheril questioned, twirling his loose hair between his fingers. His single right brow raised in question, before his lips curled into a satisfyingly sly smile. "Why don't we just cut off each and every finger, maybe—?"

"So, Joyd, what do you plan on doing with him?" Wisely ignored Sheril, looking at the younger brother. He was used to the older brother being like this, a bloodthirsty creature akin to his inner Noah. Although he was interesting in himself, he wasn't the one to currently hold his interest.

Tyki just stared at Apocryphos with half lidded golden eyes, Joyd's memories pounding through his head. The urge to attack the independent Innocence was quite high. However, the more Tyki looked into those thoughts, the more he felt them in his mind and body.

He didn't like those memories. They were all sad, angry, shocking. None of which were happy. Did his inner Noah decide to discard all those happy memories and let those that drove him to despair grow?

Tyki was unsure. Looking at Apocryphos now, he knew that the Millennium Earl would like to get information out of the monster of Innocence. Of course, he would like to too, and find out exactly what happened many years ago as well as what it plans on doing by appearing before them now. And if time allows it, beat him up a little.

"So, Joyd, how was your little reunion with Mei? With Sin?" Apocryphos' words made every Noah look at him with surprised and shocked expressions. The way he said it almost sounded as if he was mocking him.

Tyki's brows pulled together, "...what about it?"

"You wouldn't want her to be anywhere near the Noah. She'll destroy you all. But she is neither acquainted with the Innocence or Noah - she's her own. She's her own, and that's why she'll be the one to kill you all." Apocryphos sounded almost hysterical, holding back cackling laughter as he spoke those words in a pitch higher than normal.

Wisely's attention shifted to Tyki. He saw a vein pop and his hands clench, but he relaxed and took a step forward, leaning towards the Innocence.

"You'll be the one to die."

His own words, tone of voice and depth behind his words shocked the Noah around him and even parts of himself. Most of them have never seen this side of him.

"What good will it do if all you do is ramble on about killing this person and that person, all in vain to protect the one damned to hell by God?" Apocryphos wanted to laugh. "In the end it'll be all for naught!"