Chapter #31

Each time the hand free of Innocence touched something, it would slowly suck in the life force with a stream of white particles.

Every time she touched Tyki's body with that hand, he would lurch away as if it was the most dangerous thing in the world, redirecting her hand elsewhere, then watching whatever she had touched, perish and crumble.

"What the hell?" Tyki mumbled under his breath, skidding backwards. He was forced to hold back so that he didn't hurt Sin's body, but with how he had to, it was too risky on his end. He can't just expect to dodge a killer blow and not inflict one to his opponent, right?

He was going to end up dead if he didn't fight with more strength.

"Hey, don't hold back Joyd, Tyki. You're not making this interesting." Mei stabbed an incoming flying akuma like a skewer, throwing it down onto the ground in front of her. The level 4 akuma let out a cry and started to push the Innocence out of its stomach. Without giving a care in the world, Mei just watched it with cold eyes, then proceeded to stab right through it, overpowering its grip. It screamed. A high pitched, shrill scream that deafened ears.

"Shut up, won't you?" Mei had enough of its annoying scream. She cocked her head to the side and took out the Innocence, before slamming it right back into it, stabbing at its head until it started to disappear like dust.

Her cold demeanour and ways of exorcising the akuma brought chills to the exorcists that watched – especially those who knew her. Her feel was different to what she had before – and it was something that unnerved them.

"Oh?" Her eyes widened just slightly once she felt a familiar presence enter the battlefield grounds. She let Tyki go now that the one she wanted had arrived.

No one could deny the feeling that one of the original Innocences made.

Ah, he's here now, the corner of her lips tugged into a smile, finally, the main players have arrived!

She slashed her sword to rid it of the akuma blood, then quickly turned her head to the incoming beam of power that threatened to have her killed.

Licking her dry lips, she got ready to try out something new.

Let's see how well this one works.

She raised her arm and opened her palm. When the beam of power came close, she stretched her fingers more, and in the next split second, the attack got sucked into her hand like a tornado.

"Haha...!" Mei let out a surprised yet satisfied laugh when she realised the power had been absorbed. She closed and opened her palm a couple of times, testing her hand out and making sure her hand didn't hurt. She didn't feel any different from before, but it was a good feeling when she absorbed it.

From the sidelines, the others watched her with their jaws dropped. What had they just seen? Did she absorb Apocryphos' power just like Madarao absorbed akuma?

"Mei, why did you activate this power?" Apocryphos walked out of the Ark portal, killing any nearby akuma that dared to threaten him. His voice was dangerous and low, seething with disgust.

He walked towards her with bloodshot eyes - he was in the form of Innocence, but everything about him screamed inhuman. Emanating from him was the pure power of Innocence, anybody nearby could feel the tremendous amount of power.

"This will be fun," Mei didn't hold back an expecting smile as she placed her hand on her hip, "Aelius, why should I tell you?" She intentionally brought the question back to him, agitating him further.