ı 04 ı Empty Words

˙ ˙ ˙
"Why did you steal my cotton candy heart? You threw it in this damn coin slot."

˙ ˙ ˙

WHEN KLAUS decided that he was going to stay, I figured he had only meant for a night, but by now it's been five days, and he is still sleeping in the guest bedroom. In some ways him staying here has been a pain in my ass, but in other ways it has been a gift. He's been up every morning bright and early helping Theo get ready for preschool giving me the alone time I need to sort myself out. He's taken Theo to preschool every morning too, making my mornings a little less stressful.

On the other hand, his constant concern for my wellbeing has become a little tedious. I find myself embarrassed to sit in James's truck now, or even cry everyday like I use to but in some ways he's distracting me, which I guess is a good thing.

However, now that there's someone around to watch Theo, I don't have an excuse not to go get drinks with Logan and Christina after work, which means I'm going to have to go no matter how moody I'm feeling. It was my mistake really, when I mentioned a friend of mine was picking Theo up. That's why I'm in no rush now to leave work since I don't have to worry about being on time for Theo.

"So, Blair. You still up for drinks tonight?" Christina questions, her brow raised.

"Depends, do I have a choice in the matter?" I sigh, packing my art utensils into my bag.

"Not really," Logan says, not lifting his head up from his work. If there's anything I've learned about Logan, it's that he's very passionate in what he does and takes his work very seriously. He is also such an amazing artist, and sometimes I find myself getting inspired from his work.

"I figured as much," I mutter, slipping my bag over my shoulder. "Are we going or not?" I ask.

"It's only five," Christina says, looking at me like I'm a freak. I've never stayed this late before at work, so I don't know what time they leave.

"Well what time do you all leave?" I question curiously.

"Sometimes six, or maybe even seven-thrity on a good night," Christina explains, staring at her computer screen.

"What!" I exclaim. "You are all crazy. Why would you want to stay in later than you have to?"

"Because we have no life," Logan comments, making me giggle and Christina furious.

"Hey pal, speak for yourself!" she shouts, smacking him harshly on the arm. Logan cracks a smile all while never lifting his head up from his work.

"I hate to break it to you, but if you want me to come out to drinks with you, we need to go now," I say in the politest way possible.

Christina scoffs and looks up at me with her mouth agape. "Well then, somebody's a bitch," she teases. "You've got balls Blair, and threatening us to leave now is quite the move," she says bitterly before completely changing her tone. "But, you're right we're losers and you're a queen so I guess we do what the queen wants," she smiles, packing up her things.

"Do you still love me?" I ask childishly. I'm already use to Christina's odd form of sarcasm and humour as others may take it offensively.

"No, I still hate you," she shrugs.

"Good, because I hate you too," I remark jokingly, blowing her a sarcastic kiss in which she pretends to grab and shove up her ass.

"Jesus, I swear to god girls are the most confusing and weirdest creatures to roam this Earth," Logan comments with a shake of his head, watching Christina and I communicate.