ı 08 ı Beautiful Disaster

˙ ˙ ˙

"We're desperate for hope, but the ashes and smoke are covering the ground like a volcano"

˙ ˙ ˙

NOTHING HAS GONE smoothly ever since we talked to those sister witches, and that was about three weeks ago. I'm not blaming them at all, because frankly they helped us put an answer to our problem, even if it wasn't a solution. However, at the same time they opened us up to a whole bunch of new problems, or rather opened our eyes to the obstacles that we were bound to face in our future.

James for one is hiding something and no matter how hard I press I can't get any answers out of him. He seems off and I don't know if it's because of this darkness thing that is supposedly hovering amongst us or something else.

Theo on the other hand has become violently sick, sicker than any child should ever be. For the past week he's been throwing up every night, keeping James and I up. To make everything worse there's been tremendous storms raging every day, ranging from light rain to violent thunder storms. I wake quite often to the roar of thunder, feeling the whole house shake. 

Joel and Logan have been keeping their distance per our requests. If there really is something bad hovering above us, we didn't want Joel or Logan any where near it.

As of right now I'm up again in the middle of the night, feeding Theo some medicine and putting him to sleep after he threw up again for yet the seventh night in a row. I know I should take him to a hospital, but the one thing that's really got me rattled is the fact that James walked out not five minutes ago claiming he had to get out of here.

I now sit on the edge of Theo's bed, waiting for him to fall asleep as I try and process it all. I understand why James would want to walk out, but that's not his decision to make. Here I thought we were in this together, but now I'm not so sure. I have no idea what to do with myself, so I climb into Theo's bed and fall asleep listening to the sound of his little heart.

∆ ∆ ∆

I wake to the sound of the front door opening and closing, my body immediately springing up from Theo's bed to see who it is. I quietly walk down the stairs until I'm face to face with the James.

"Returned now have we?" I snap angrily.

"Blair, please let me explain," he speaks softly, desperate for me to hear him out.

"Why did you leave James?" I suddenly shout, feeling all the anger and disappointment flush out of me. "You can't just walk out when things get hard, when they get scary!"

"No of course not-"

"I raised him for two years on my own. The least you could do is stay here with me," I yell, pointing an accusing finger at him. My anger has consumed me, making me forget about a sleeping Theo upstairs. 

"And because of that you are the strongest person I know. I watched you from the other side, and I know how hard it was for you, but you did it. You bought this house, you got a job, you set Theo up with school. You did all of that Blair, and I'm so proud of you. But you have to know that I would never leave you intentionally to raise Theo, I would never do that," he says sternly.

"But you just did," I whisper in defeat.

"I had no choice Blair, I-," he stops himself, struggling to find the right words.

"You what James?" I snap, a little too harshly.

"The darkness, the one the witches warned us about- I think it's me," he suddenly admits, staring down at the floor before moving to sit at the dining table, holding his head in his hands as he struggles with himself.