ı 47 ı Fairy Tale

˙ ˙ ˙

˙ ˙ ˙

"I plan to love you all my life until you meet your chariot"

˙ ˙ ˙

FOUR DAYS. It's been exactly four days since Kai stopped by, four days since he demanded we hand over Theo, as if he wanted to raise Theo as his own just to absorb his power. In addition to it being our last day to hand Theo over to a sociopath, it also happens to be my big day: my wedding.

It's slightly scary yet relieving knowing that so much can happen today, but we have a plan set in place that will eliminate Kai for good. Kai has no doubt heard about our wedding, and our whole plan revolves around him attending the ceremony tonight. If all goes well, I will be a relieved and married woman by the end of today.

"How'd it go?" I ask Bonnie as she and Theo walk down the stairs of Caroline's house. We decided to take over Care's house while the guys took over the boarding house. Caroline insisted that James and I not see one another until tonight, and honestly I'm having a hard time not calling out to him in my mind. Since Caroline is the only one that knows of our telepathic link, she secretly warned me not to make any communication with him either.

"Pretty good. I taught him the spell," Bonnie says, patting Theo on the back. We had Bonnie teach Theo a simple spell that is going to help us tonight when Kai shows up.

"Awesome, thank you," I say, giving Bonnie an appreciative smile. "How'd it go Tee?" I ask, bending down to his level.

"Amazing mommy. I know what I want for Christmas now," he says with a huge grin.

"Oh yeah? What's that?" I laugh.

"A wand." He giggles, causing all of us to laugh.

"One day Theodore, one day." I smile, roughing up his hair. Suddenly the doorbell rings, and Theo runs to the door, as we're expecting someone.

"Hey Tee!" Joel greets him, picking him up and spinning him around. "How'd it go?" Joel asks, turning to the four of us.

"Good. We're set for tonight," Bonnie says, stepping forwards as she stretches out her hand to give Joel something. "Here's the stake," she says, dropping it into Joel's palm. "It is to be used on Kai tonight."

Joel licks his lips, looking at the stake like it's a piece of candy. "Perfecto." He grins.

"How's it going over there? Are you guys treating James okay?" Caroline wonders, leading against the door frame.

"Don't you worry blondie, we're going to have James looking as fine as the prettiest sunset you've ever seen," Joel comments, winking at me.

"I'm scared," I tease, starting to close the door. "Bye Theo! Bye uncle Joel! See you guys tonight!"