ı 22 ı His Name was Kai

˙ ˙ ˙

"My heart was falling now it's shattered, its like a natural disaster"

˙ ˙ ˙

"His name was Kai."

The woman's words repeat themselves over and over, as if on an endless track going around my mind. But no matter how many times her words go around and around my head, I just can't seem to grasp onto what she is really saying.

I have so many questions but my mouth won't move to speak. I'm in shock and I don't know what to do. How did Kai get out? Is Bonnie okay? What does he want with Theo? Where did he take Theo? Why didn't I do something sooner? This is all my fault. I've failed Theo. My father was right. Bringing Theo into my life was his death sentence.

"Blair, we have to go," James says, grabbing hold of my arm and pulling me back and out of the preschool. His voice replaces my own voices in my head, the voices that make me believe this is all my fault.

"Blair, listen to me," James says, snapping his fingers in front of my face. The sudden gesture snaps my brain back to reality, his face coming into focus. "We're going to figure this out, alright? We're going to find Theo, and everything will be okay," he assures me, pulling me towards his truck.

"How do you know?" I whisper, my voice barely audible.

He pauses, freezing in step before turning to me. "I don't," he admits quietly. "But I do know we're going to try our hardest to get him back."

"Who's we?" I croak.

A small smile appears faintly on his lips, his eyes softening with a mixture of confidence and certainty. "They old Mystic Falls gang, of course."

∆ ∆ ∆

James brings me back to Whitmore Collage where he then contacts everyone sending out an urgent message. In no time people started to show up, Caroline being the first one. After twenty minutes the small study room is filled with Tyler, Liv, Luke, Caroline, Elena, Alaric, Jo, and even Enzo. I however, am still waiting for two comforting faces who are yet to arrive.

"What's going on?" Stefan asks, he and Damon entering the room. My head immediately snaps up at their presence, my whole body letting go of some tension just at the sight of them. 

"Branson please do share why you sent an urgent message without actually telling me what it was about?" Damon says lackadaisically.

"I called you all here, because Kai has somehow found a way into the world," James begins, but Liv cuts him off.

"And how do you know that?" she snaps at him, but I know her anger is only fear. It's how I'm feeling right now. I'm terrified to the core, but I'm fuelled with anger.

"Because he took Theo," James defends himself, his tone laced with a hint of anger. I can tell he's on the edge too as he too cares deeply for Theo. I know he knows the state I'm in right now isn't crystal clear either, which only adds to the pressure.

At the mention of Theo, my brother's eyes dart over to me and I can already tell what they're going to say. "Blair," Damon begins, his voice soft and gentle as if to comfort me. But I don't want comfort. I can't have comfort until Theo is back with me, safe within my arms.

"No, I don't need to hear more bullshit lies about how everything is going to be okay!" I shout, standing up. "Nothing will be okay until Theo is back, and if any of you try to tell me otherwise, I will super glue your goddamn mouth shut," I snap aggressively.