ı 21 ı Silent Killer

˙ ˙ ˙

"Unburn the ashes, unchain the reactions."

˙ ˙ ˙

WITCH BUSINESS had never really interested me, until now.

The fact that Kai is suddenly linked to Jo, Liv and Luke is quite a big step, and frankly a little surreal. It only further implied the truth behind our small world, and the possibility that anything could conquer the impossible. I mean I, out of all people should be use to the impossible by now, but I think it's just one of those few feelings that never fades.

Somehow in some sick and mysterious way, I'm enjoying the drama unfolding in front of me, as is Caroline who I can tell is disappointed her dinner isn't going the way she planned. However, the witch drama has caught our interest and it's a show we can't stop watching.

By now however, the show has subsided as Luke and Liv leave the room claiming they need air. Tyler chases after Liv like a little puppy and Elena disappears. I'm not concerned for her wellbeing at the moment. I'm more concerned with how all this thanksgiving food is getting cold.

"So, does the food usually get eaten, or do people argue the whole dinner through?" I ask, although I appear to be talking to myself. "No wonder there's always so many left overs," I sigh, going to reach across the table and grab the gravy when suddenly Jo snaps out of her daze. She's been silently sitting at the table for the past ten minutes, digesting everything- mentally of course. No one's actually eaten anything to physically digest.

"Why are the guys in Portland again?" Jo suddenly questions, staring directly at me.

I snap my head up at her words, surprised she's speaking directly to me. "Um...to look for some ascendent thing I think," I reply. "They're looking for a way to get Bonnie out." 

Jo's eyes however go wide, overrun by fear. "What?" I question in sudden worry. James tenses beside me, as does Caroline as we become alarmed by Jo's expression.

"The ascendent, I have it here with me," she spits out.

"So?" I ask, not getting her point.

"If they went to Portland to get it, then they probably ran into my father. If he knows they want the ascendent, he'll assume they want to risk getting Kai out. That's something he won't have," Jo rushes in a panic, standing up and out of her chair.

"It's okay Jo, I'll call them," James assures her, standing up as well. Although his voice is always enough to comfort me down, it doesn't appear to be working for Jo.

"No!" she snaps. "You don't understand. My father will do anything-ah" Jo suddenly screams out in pain, collapsing to the ground. Before she can hit the floor however, Caroline catches her, protecting her head.

"What's going on?" Elena yells, sprinting into the room.

"Jo, she just collapsed," Caroline explains, carrying Jo over to the near by couch. Just as they place her down however she begins to violently cough, crumpling over in pain as her body attempts to get rid of whatever is inside her. However, only when she begins to throw up blood do we realize it's not something she ate. Oh no, because nothing ever happens to be a natural cause in this town.

"Jo what's going on!" Caroline yells in panic.

"It's my father, I-AH- I think he's trying to kill me," Jo spits out between her coughs of blood.

I don't have time to process what she's saying as Theo begins to cry, frightened beyond belief. To be honest I completely forgot he was even here, as I'm so caught up in trying to help Jo. I'm so caught up in trying to fight the supernatural once again, that Theo is left alone.