ı 18 ı Cry me a River

˙ ˙ ˙

"For all the things that never died, to make it through the night."

˙ ˙ ˙

IT ALL HAPPENED so fast.

Or maybe it's just the amount of alcohol in my system, or perhaps the lack of blood. Perhaps maybe even a combination of both. Whatever it is seems to make time fly, which isn't necessary a great feeling while in the chase of finding your brother. Again.

I've just gotten Damon back and I'm not about to let some random, idiotic vampire hunter take him down. Damon literally survived death and appeared in thin air in front of me. I'm determined to make sure that if Damon is going to go, it's in the best way possible, not by some hunter. Once again, it's probably the alcohol speaking...or thinking. At this point I can't really tell.

"Give me that," Stefan snaps, snatching the flask from my hand.

In less than a couple hours we managed to come up with a plan, but by then night had already fallen. We had inside information from Matt confirming this hunter, Tripp Cook, planned on driving Damon and this so called vampire Enzo over the anti-magic border, thus resulting in their death.

We are all positioned on every road going into Mystic Falls, with Stefan and I on one, Alaric and James on another and Caroline and Elena on the last. All we have to do is stop the van carrying Damon and Enzo and prevent it from going over the border. It sounds easy, but I know better than to let myself believe anything otherwise.

"Hey, give that back," I frown, attempting to grab the flask from Stefan as he takes a sip from it himself. We both lean against my 'broken' car in which he ripped out some parts earlier, staging for our make belief story to tell to this hunter if he comes down our road.

"I need it more than you," he murmurs, bringing the flask to his lips again.

"Debatable," I mutter under my breath.

"You have everyone you love back. You should be just peachy," he says flatly, his eyes gazing the empty road ahead of us.

"Not everyone," I mutter, my thoughts drifting back to Bonnie. I stare at the ground, brooding about her death while brainstorming ways to get her back when suddenly I snap my head up to Stefan. "What do you mean? Isn't everyone you love back too?" I ask.

"I've lost Caroline, Blair. She hates me," he sighs in defeat.

I let out a drunken snort unintentionally, quickly covering it up into a cough. "No offence Steff, but I would too. You moved to Savannah! You became a freaking auto mechanic and got yourself some silly girlfriend- sorry for your loss, by the way," I say, remembering how his girlfriend was killed by this vampire hunter just before I got here-from what Caroline has told me. 

He takes another swing from the flask while staring at me sheepishly. "I was trying to move on." 

"Yeah, but that didn't mean you had to leave behind your friends," I tell him, turning so that I'm facing him. "You hurt her and she missed you. Now you just have to show her that you care, and maybe, maybe you'll have a shot with getting her back." 

I smile, patting him on the shoulder before sneakily snatching the flask from his hand. "HAHA," I cheer.

However, my cheer is cut short as a car rounds the corner- a van actually. It's the first car we've seen in a while, so I'm willing to bet it's the vehicle we're looking for. "James, they're here with Stefan and me," I inform him, hoping he and Alaric will arrive here in time to help us. I trust my brother, but Damon's always been the violent one prepared for a fight.