ı 07 ı Routine of Conflict

˙ ˙ ˙

"I'm ready to fall, so tired of it all. I'm ready to climb this mountain inside, can't do it alone."

˙ ˙ ˙

BLAIR POV

I lay asleep in my bed, tucking the sheets up to my chin as the early morning sun shines through the windows. I don't remember how I got home or what exactly happened last night. Everything is such a blur. The only thing that I can make sense of is how comfortable the bed feels right now, more comfortable than it has ever been. I think this is the first time in a long time I haven't fallen asleep on a damped pillow with reddened eyes.

I stretch my legs under the sheets and roll over, coming face to face with another male in the bed. Confused and alert, I grab his shoulder and turn him around, realizing it's the one and only James. My James.

"James?" I croak, furrowing my brows in confusion.

"Hello love," he smiles, speaking in his wonderful British accent I have so dearly missed.

I smile widely and cup his face, making sure this is real but as I look around me, I realize nothing is familiar. We sleep in a room filled with nothing but white; white furniture, walls, blankets and even clothes. Everything seems staged, like it's not real.

"You're not real, are you?" I frown, rubbing my thumb idly on his cheek.

He sighs and takes my hand from his cheek, placing a gentle kiss on the top of it. The gentle pressure of his lips on my hand feels so real, it's amazing and tragic all at the same time.

"How are you here?" I ask when he doesn't answer.

"That doesn't matter Blair," he whispers lowly. "You need to wake up now," he says sternly.

"What?" I ask, the smile slowly vanishing from my face.

"Wake up Blair," he repeats, his voice ringing in my ears. 

• • •

At first I'm confused and then suddenly I gasp awake, finding myself in another room that seems more real. It's a dark place, like an abandoned building. I blink rapidly as if trying to replay my dream in my mind but it's no use. I'm back in reality again.

I lay still on the ground, scared to move as my surroundings are still unclear. The last thing I remember is being taken from the bathroom unconscious, like I was poisoned presumably from the drink that strange man gave me- that strange man that Joel knocked out, that strange man standing in front of me now.

"I know you're awake, Blair," the man says.

His deep voice makes me jump slightly, as he kicks me harshly in my side. I let out a grunt and curl up, clutching my stomach as I quickly roll over. My reaction time is slower, as I can still feel the effects of the vervain in me. Just before he can kick me again, I sit up, and crawl as far as I can backwards until I reach a wall. This time I'm able to get a clearer look at my kidnapper's face, and I realize it's the same man from last night.

"Who the hell are you? Are you with Silas?" I ask, thinking of the first thing that comes to mind. The last time I heard Silas's body was dedicated, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have escaped.

The man lets out a low laugh, shaking his head with a large grin plastered on his face. "Silas? He's old news my dear. Fellow died quite a while back," he says.

I open my mouth agape, shocked and relieved at the same time. Part of me is glad Silas is dead, seeing as he killed James while the other part of me is confused and more frightened of who this man is standing in front of me.