ı 17 ı Natural Disaster

˙ ˙ ˙

"Underneath it all I'm held captive by the hole inside. I love you like I've never felt the pain."

˙ ˙ ˙

IT STARTS slowly, like an earthquake beginning to rumble. It's nothing but a light tremble starting with my fingertips and travelling up my body, soon overtaking my body so much that I can't hold myself up any longer. I fall to my knees and gasp at the disaster that is about to become of me. Tears fall from my eyes like a thunder storm and my body rattles like an earthquake and before I know it, my mind had erupted like a volcano, spilling painful rays at everyone in the room as they all stare at me in shock.

It's all happening so quickly but at the same time it feels as if everything has stopped spinning, because in a way my whole world has stopped spinning. It stopped the moment James died, but for a while it started up again. Now, staring at my dead twin who lays several feet in front of me do I feel my world stop. Now one of my brothers is dead and my Theo has been taken to his death.

I thought loosing James would break me and for a while it did. My heart had been stabbed and bruised, but now it's just destroyed; there is nothing left of it.

I don't even feel the words that leave my lips as I don't think about them. There isn't anything you can say after just finding out your twin is dead. All you can do is grieve.

"Blair?" Damon questions, walking over to me.

I can feel Joel at my side as my vision is non existent thanks to the violent storm of tears that have taken over. He places a hand on my shoulder but I don't feel it- not immediately at least. All I feel is the pain.

"Blair, listen to me," Damon says gently, his tone expressing nothing but calmness considering after all this time I thought he'd be mad at me. I guess considering the situation anger isn't a very appropriate response. We've both just lost a part of us. We've both just lost our sibling.

"No," I whisper, not making eye contact with him.

"Damon, don't," Joel warns. Only Joel knows what's happened today. Only he knows Stefan isn't the only one I've lost.

Damon as usual ignores what people tell him, and instead kneels down to my level, pressing his hands firmly on my shoulders forcing me to look him in the eyes. As I stare into his icy blue eyes that are shining with tears do I remember how much our eyes are alike, how much they remind me of my mother's. I can only imagine how mine look right now over flowing with tears.

"I'm going to fix this okay? I'm going to fix everything. I just need time," he assures me, although I know he's partially assuring himself as well. I know he's taken it into his responsibility to fix this, as to be honest I'm perfectly fine with that considering I haven't even come to terms of what's actually happened.

"No Damon, you don't understand," Joel yells, pulling Damon out of his shocked trance.

"What don't I understand, Branson?" Damon snaps, all of us overcome with emotions. I can see Elena and Caroline out of the corner of my eye, but I'm too broken down to say anything, too in shock.

"The Travellers! They took Theo, and they're going to use him to finalize the spell to eliminate witch magic permanently. With Theo, they'll be able to expand their spell further than Mystic Falls, meaning all of us are going to end up on the other side," Joel explains furiously in a panic.

"But the other side, it's falling apart," Elena speaks up, her eyes too sparkling with tears. "Bonnie told me." 

I stop crying at the mention of Bonnie's name, realizing there's no way she's alive. She died bringing Jeremy back to life the night James died. "Bonnie," I whisper. "Bonnie is dead," I murmur quietly, weakly.