ı 16 ı You

˙ ˙ ˙

"Un-break the broken, unsay these spoken words"

˙ ˙ ˙

THERE'S AN ODD sense of familiarity standing in front of my twin again and I have to forcefully remind myself not to be a hypocrite. Every part of me wants to scold, yell, and scream at my brother for never calling, never telling me if he was okay. And it takes every part of me to remind myself that I did the exact same thing to him not for two months, but for two years.

Stefan's face composes into a soft expression, his sad eyes resembling those of a lost puppy. He's always had that look about him, the look that makes it so difficult to stay mad at him. His lips curl upwards in a small smile, trying to ease the tension but Caroline beats him to it.

"Blair!" she exclaims, her blue eyes wide with content.

Her cheerful voice snaps my attention to her, all the confusion and anger immediately vanishing as soon as I make eye contact with her. "Hey Care," I smile, embracing her in a hug.

We break apart and she turns to James, holding out her arms to give him a hug, both of them laughing at the awkwardness of her being in just a towel. "It's good to see you," she laughs into his shoulder. She then bends down to Theo's level, taking him into a gentle hug. "You have grown so much mister!" she exclaims, making him smile.

She stands back up and faces Stefan, all of us expecting him to say something. He scratches the back of his neck awkwardly, before stepping towards me. However, as he takes a step forwards I take a step back.

"Blair," he begins, but I cut him off.

"What happened to keeping in touch?" I say flatly.

He scoffs and raises a brow irritably. "Did you not do the same thing-"

"But you promised, you promised to keep in touch," I cut him off harshly. "I had no idea where you were, or even if you were alive, and that was hard enough. I already lost Damon, and the thought that I had lost you too? I-" I trail off, biting my trembling lip so I won't loose it in front of everyone.

"I'm sorry," he says innocently, not knowing what else to say.

"Yeah," I say lividly. "Me too."

"Listen, why don't we all calm down and go to the cafe across the street where we can have a civilized conversation," Caroline suggests.

"No," I wave her off. "I don't really feel like it," I say before spinning around, walking out of the dorm room.

"Blair!" Stefan calls after me, but I continue to storm down the hallway, determined not to speak to him. I don't want to feel angry, but I can't help it. He's part of the reason for my pain, pain that could have been avoided. I could have been spared the pain if he had just called.

I am forced to stop as he vamp speeds in front of me, forcing my eyes up to his. "What?" I snap.

"I know you don't want to talk to me, but just do me a favour and stay with James, or someone at all times today," he says seriously.

"Why?" I ask in an estranged way.

"Because there's been a vampire hunter going about- Tripp Cook, and he's been gaining on my trail, and I don't want him to connect you to me. So just please, stay with James," he asks almost desperately.

"I can handle myself perfectly fine. I'm used to doing things on my own," I say passive aggressively. 

Stefan purses his lips and looks down. "I know you can. I'm just looking out for you."