ı 34 ı Casual Chaos

˙ ˙ ˙

"You are the avalanche, one world away. My make believing, while I'm wide awake"

˙ ˙ ˙

BLAIR POV

There is a small part of me that wants to scream, that even wants to cry the moment I realize what James is going to do. For a second I think it's all a trick, just another attempt to turn my humanity back on until I watch James open his eyes again.

I can tell from the moment he opens them he has flipped the switch. The way he smirks so slyly, the way he stands so cockily and the way he licked his lips so smugly. Those are all characteristics James Branson didn't possess, until now. It just so happens that humanity-less me finds it extremely hot.

"Wow, a true gentleman," Caroline applauds. "Gosh, I wish Stefan did it so that he could finally pay for what he did. In case you all didn't know, he's the reason all this went down today," Caroline laughs mischievously. "Too late now!" she snickers, causing a look of pure guilt to flash across Stefan's face.

I can't help but let out a laugh at everything that's happened in the past five minutes. It's the most exciting thing that's happened in a while.

"Caroline, it's not too late to fix this," Stefan says desperately, his eyes glassy with tears.

"If only that were true," Caroline sighs dramatically, before turning to her phone. "You can release them now, Liam," she instructs, before shutting off her phone.

"If we go quick, we can take them," Damon whispers, as if he's forgotten he's in a room full of vampires.

"Yeah, I think not buddy," James retorts just as he swiftly punches Damon in the jaw in one quick motion before speeding over to me, picking me up and carrying me out of the bar with vampire speed until we're out of sight.

I laugh all the way, screaming even as James places me back down. "You really turned it off," I smirk, cupping my hand on his cheek.

"Thought I'd join in on the fun." He winks, leaning down to kiss me when suddenly Caroline appears at our side.

"What the hell Branson! You were just going to leave me in there! So not cool! Too bad you're hot or else I would've fed your ass to the wolves," she scoffs, crossing her arms across her chest stubbornly.

"Thank god for that," James remarks, rolling his eyes while his arms are still draped across my shoulders.

"Well what do we do now?" I ask, my eyes still gazing into James's. I don't know what I feel looking into his eyes. Before my humanity was turned off it would have been love, but with my switch flipped I no longer feel that. Now all I feel is freedom, power, and a high. I feel as if all of those are opposite to the feeling of love, but in a way mean the same thing. Even with our humanity off, we still crave one another.

James stands in front of us with a huge smirk, his hands held up in the air. "Now we do whatever the hell we want, without giving a damn."

∆ ∆ ∆

It turns out that when you don't give a damn about a single thing, a lot of crazy shit can go down. In just a matter of one afternoon, the three of us had managed to steal a lot and drink a lot- both blood and alcohol.

We were smart enough not to stick too close to Mystic Falls, out of fear that our fellow friends would attempt once again to bring us back to the light side. So, instead James, Caroline and I found a small, cute bar outside of Whittmore near the city that had just the right amount of people to be entertaining.