ı 15 ı Back

˙ ˙ ˙

"Chasing after you is like a fairytale, but I, feel like I'm glued on tight to this carousel"

˙ ˙ ˙

THERE'S AN UNUSUAL peace in having my neck snapped, a feeling I did not expect to feel. For once things are silent, as I am more dead than usual per say. I'm dead enough so that Marcos cannot get into my mind, but not chaotically dead in that I'll never wake up. Although Joel's actions anger me, I know his intentions were good, and as of right now I cannot complain.

As my mind floats in darkness, I can slowly feel myself healing. My mind has awakened, but has not returned to consciousness, and instead has sent me into a vision of my past, a memory.

˙ ˙ ˙

A week has past, and yet I still find myself learning new things about my new abilities every day. I just wish things could stay like this forever, as I could stay with James forever. I know that if I return home, my father will punish me for going missing, and my brothers will still be obsessing over Miss Katherine. Part of me wonders if they even noticed I was gone.

"Blair, love, you can't go back. You don't understand," James pleads with me as I untie the rope from my horse from the tree.

"I've been away far too long, and if I don't go back I'm afraid Katherine will cause harm upon my brothers if she hasn't already," I say sternly, trying my best not to break down. I don't want to leave James, especially after all the help he's given me in becoming a vampire, but my urge to protect my brothers has suddenly become stronger than it ever has before. Like something of an unknown force is pulling me towards them.

"How do you know that? They could be fine! You however, are new darling. If the council catches you, I can't even begin to imagine it. They would kill you Blair, and I can't have that. Especially when I just got you back!" James argues in a calm manner. His eyes well with tears, and slowly I can feel myself crumbling.

"I can't explain it James, I just can't. I just have this feeling, you know? Like something bad is going to happen if I don't do something," I say, trying to explain this force that has dawned on me, pulling me towards my brothers. I know at this moment I have to return home.

"What's to say something bad won't happen to you? I have the same feeling about you Blair! If something bad happens to you, I will never forgive myself. It's my fault you're a vampire in the first place! It's my fault Katherine is here! She's hiding the moonstone from Elijah and I," James tries to explain, his voice cracking slightly.

"No James, it is not your fault. None of it is. The only person to blame is Klaus Mikaelson himself, okay? You and Elijah, you helped me!" I exclaim. "You should come with me!" I plead, but James shakes his head.

"Blair, my sister. I-" he stutters, struggling to find the words to say. Despite our love for one another, our will to protect our siblings is showing through.

"I know," I whisper, stepping forwards to wrap him in a hug. As he wraps his arms around my back, I find the strength to do what is necessary. I don't want to put Lexi nor James in any danger, so I will find my brothers myself. Somehow I always find myself back to my brothers, and this time nothing can stop me. Not even Katherine.

"I love you," I say, planting a kiss on his cheek before snapping his neck the way he taught me during my vampire training.

I let out a small cry as his body falls to the ground, but I know I've done the right thing. Now I must go find my way back to my brothers.